Score! JcPenneys Bird elTigre and extras

45t

I picked up a elTigre project today and the seller kicked in some extras. The bike was dirty but polished up decent, the motor runs but needs a throttle installed and an air filter made or modified to fit (too close to the frame to bolt on the filter). The chrome was decent except the wheels, they will need plating in the future, but for now its sand & paint. Tires are flat and will need replace or tubes and I really do not like messing with tires on mini's. I already replaced a striped fork bolt with all new hardware.

The seller kicked in some extras. Two new tires, two new clutches, an extra engine that has spark & compression but needs the fuel system cleaned out (old gas) and best of all he included an original exhaust that he picked up off of ebay.

I hoping that I can get the tires done, air filter bolted on and a throttle installed soon, so I can go cruising with my son.

Last edited:
45t where you located in IL. I saw that one too on craigs list,nice score.If your not to far I can fabricate and weld things if there's a need.Sometimes its the only way.Just sold a fury Bird mini with a 5HP Tecumseh.Nice riding mini bike.

Rocco.

45t

45t where you located in IL. I saw that one too on craigs list,nice score.If your not to far I can fabricate and weld things if there's a need.Sometimes its the only way.Just sold a fury Bird mini with a 5HP Tecumseh.Nice riding mini bike.

I'm in elgin, I hoping I just have to fabricate an air filter base, install a throttle and change the tires or install tubes. I'm not looking forward to the tires because the are so hard to do. i changed the front tire on my son's mini and it was such pain in the butt, now i get to do two on this one..

45t

Is this the same bike you spoke of in your other thread?
Same one. The seller surprised me when he offered the extra parts that were not advertised in the orginal craigslist posting. I thanked him and gladly accepted.

Neck

Growing up is optional
Cool! We're going to have our own El Tigre Brotherhood pretty soon. Does yours have the little ID tag riveted to the left side of the engine plate? If so, whats your serial number?

45t

My wife just got home and asked if I got the mini bike. I said "yes, you parked right next to it in the garage".

In fact its sitting on a milk crate right in front of her car. She had to see it, so she didn't run it down with the car when she pulled in. Maybe she just had a long day and is tired?:laugh:

45t

Cool! We're going to have our own El Tigre Brotherhood pretty soon. Does yours have the little ID tag riveted to the left side of the engine plate? If so, whats your serial number?
jcpenney 5?09. The second # is wore off.

markus

aww yea! Chrome looks pretty dam nice on it in the pics:thumbsup: Way better than mine. Thats what I paid for mine as well and the owner did the same thing, threw in a bunch of extras, like brand new azusa tri stars, throttle assy's. motor parts, etc...

I've got a build thread going on mine, If you check out the last pic you can see what I did to kinda clean up the wheels. the centers are always crap as they sprayed too thin, but the edges got a pretty good coat and may clean up.

These are tubeless wheels BTW They are not too bad to do, I found using some big tire spoons over some smaller ones I have for larger motorbike wheels to be way easier.

Yellowhand sell that brake pedal cover and correct footpegs for these cheap:thumbsup:

45t

aww yea! Chrome looks pretty dam nice on it in the pics:thumbsup: Way better than mine. Thats what I paid for mine as well and the owner did the same thing, threw in a bunch of extras, like brand new azusa tri stars, throttle assy's. motor parts, etc...

I've got a build thread going on mine, If you check out the last pic you can see what I did to kinda clean up the wheels. the centers are always crap as they sprayed too thin, but the edges got a pretty good coat and may clean up.

These are tubeless wheels BTW They are not too bad to do, I found using some big tire spoons over some smaller ones I have for larger motorbike wheels to be way easier.

Yellowhand sell that brake pedal cover and correct footpegs for these cheap:thumbsup:
I'll have to check it out, because the wheel centers on mine too far gone and I would like to see what you did, to get an idea.. Thanks for the heads up on the footpegs and brake pedal cover, those will be needed in the not to distant future.

I'm in elgin, I hoping I just have to fabricate an air filter base, install a throttle and change the tires or install tubes. I'm not looking forward to the tires because the are so hard to do. i changed the front tire on my son's mini and it was such pain in the butt, now i get to do two on this one..
Cool, yeah thats not to far.Like I said if you need fabrication help or something welded let me know.

Rocco

45t

Front tire done. Rear tire is next!:cursing: then its onto the throttle and fabbing an air filter base to divert around the frame.

I took it for a cruise tonight (not that far) one hand steering, one hand controlling the throttle at the engine and riding on a flat rear tire. All I wanted to do was make sure it wouldn't die out hauling my 200lbs. It did surprisingly good! Almost lost it turning into the driveway and the flat rear shifted on the rim and made me wobble a bit.:eek:ut: