Scrap Yard has been good to me!!!

jeep4me

In the last two weeks (mostly the last two days) I have lucked out and found some great engines.

Tecumseh H50, H60, Briggs 4hp, Honda GC190 6hp, GX160 5.5hp and an old Rotax engine off from a snowmobile.

The Honda's and the Briggs all run great. I haven't gotten to the others yet.

The Rotax has a TON of compression and would be cool on a big mini. MAYBE a Super Bronc.

Total of $45 invested.

I just figured it out. The H50 is beside the Red one and the other white one is the 4hp Briggs. Gee Ez finally figured it out. Give him a Biscuit. lol. :thumbsup: :biggrin:

jeep4me

I just figured it out. The H50 is beside the Red one and the other white one is the 4hp Briggs. Gee Ez finally figured it out. Give him a Biscuit. lol. :thumbsup: :biggrin:
Well...no biscuit quite yet...the 4hp briggs is next to the red h60 and the H50 is on the far right next to the black honda.

And the H50 may be needed for my Power-Dyne Falcon project. That mini has a H50 on it now but it's seized up, if I can't get that motor unseized then I'll be using this one.

jeep4me

They charge me 35 cents per pound. Most engines won't register on the big scale so they just charge me the minimum, $5 plus tax, $5.30.

The Rotax weighed in at around 60 lbs, so that was a little more, but still well worth it.

oldsledz

The Rotax is a 1965 247cc 10.5 HP, too bad the air box is damaged, I would have gave you 45.00 for the air box and white rewind handle.

Is the rest of the sled there?

Red tecumseh is the H60, slated for the super bronc. Has a working old school electric start.
Is it H or HH? A lot of those old red ones like that are HH all iron block and weigh plenty for the scales to work. :laugh: Is that 4 horse and elctric start block? If so I have lighting coils and lighted flywheel for it.. :shifty:

don't forget to post em to the Wall of Fame... :thumbsup:

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/31500-show-your-scrapyard-finds.html