Sears project...and then suddenly there were Rupp and a Scat Cat projects. What?!

j57little

Hello Everyone,

I feel a bit guilty sending out posts as there are many gaps in my knowledge base and I get a lot more help than I can give back (for now), but I appreciate the great help from OldMiniBikes members.

I started out with a Sears project. Thanks to Pat in Michigan for pointing me in the right direction and especially to Robert in PA who has offered great support and the hardware for my first Sears Roper project.

So I tell my son about the project. He thinks its really cool and thinks what a great idea for the grandson. Yesterday I had no projects, then the Sears Roper project and now a Rupp Roadster 2 and a Scat Cat. How does this happen? The Sears Roper will be for me. It's super simple, I recall working on it as a kid and I know how to restore stuff. But I have to admit, the Rupps are so cool - and you can actually get some parts for them. So in my search for the Sears Roper I cam across a good deal on two more rusty hulks that called out to me. The grandson will get the Rupp Roadster 2. As for the Scat Cat (I think it's a SC415, or YT 415 - who knows?) - well, as far as I can tell there are no parts available for it, so it will become a totally unique...something or other.

AND NOW THE BIG QUESTION ... PLEASE TRY NOT TO LAUGH... The Rupp has a six-inch belt pulley on the driven jackshaft. Looks normal. But there is a small belt pulley with two grooves on the engine shaft and that does not look right. I've seen Comet torque converters and such, so I have to believe the engine shaft needs something else. I believe the jackshaft and rearward are still correct, but the engine shaft needs...some advice from all you experts! What to put on the engine shaft to make this thing work?

Thank you!!!

Jack

Hey Jack, glad you found the frame you were looking for! Sorry I can't help with the torque convertor question. I don't know anything about those.

Keep us posted and like Buck said, give us some eye candy to look at!

Pat