Sears Roper needing some info.

Ok I bought this bike and want to get it back to life. Thanks to you all for identifying who made it. I already bought a predator 212cc for it. Im needing some info on whether this bike was the 2 speed model. From what i can tell it looks like the sprocket was suppose to be on the right side. Its on the left now and isnt completely centered. I was hoping to be able to just run it on the left side and run the chain to the motor. Im not wanting to do a 100% accurate restoration just a fun minibike. Can i make this work or am i going to have to run a jackshaft?

I had to drill new holes in the engine plate to get my predator to even fit. I'm using a jackshaft just to run the sprocket on the same side as the crank. It looks like the scrub brake will interfere with the chain going straight through, hard to tell from the pics. You can see detailed pics of my roper if you search the project logs for 70 something sears roper. I think the its the rupster who has a good project log too

Good luck
Mike

Also if you plan to run an after market carb you have to curve it so it won't hit the angled bar that runs up under the seat. If you're just putting an aftermarket air filter then make sure you get an angled one.

If you where going to restore it ,you should find a 4hp.Tecumseh . You could order the adjustable style jackshaft and rubber brake pad from OldMiniBikes . Scrub brake pad from Jeff Clark in the vendor section . The jackshaft allows you gearing options . The luggage rack is a nice option to have . These are very nice riding minibikes .:thumbsup:

Brooklyn Bob

You got yourself the start of a nice project. I love the full suspension bikes. I would run the jackshaft like yankee-bears stated for gearing options. If you already purchased the Predator motor I would go with that.

Sorry guys hadnt been able to get on here in a few days. Im getting ready to order order some parts from OldMiniBikes like the clutch and jackshaft. I already bought the predator and arent trying to do a 100% accurate resto just a fun little bike. Thanks for the info.