shifting problems honda 70 3 speed auto

picked up a 72 ct 70 3 speed it shifts up fine it seems but when i go to down shift it wont do anything it will stay in its higher gear an then if i tinker with it i can get it to down shift is that something i will need to split the cases for or could it be an adjustment could it be a combination of things or just one thing that would make it not want to shift properly thanks to anyone out there who knows these honda 3 speed trannys :shrug:

up shifts but not down

Mmy experiacane with motor bike trannys is the shift forks move back and forth in and out of gear as they follow the slots in a drum. the drum is rotated by the shifter. in behind the case on the shifter side is a fork and spring. my guess some thing is bent there. Lay the bike on it's side remove the shifter and pull the side cover, look for a bent actuator.

Mmy experiacane with motor bike trannys is the shift forks move back and forth in and out of gear as they follow the slots in a drum. the drum is rotated by the shifter. in behind the case on the shifter side is a fork and spring. my guess some thing is bent there. Lay the bike on it's side remove the shifter and pull the side cover, look for a bent actuator.
what he said and see if you have any oil in the transmission.