Shipping A Minibike from Canada to the US

Was wondering if anyone has dealt with shipping a minibike from Canada to the US. I am considering putting a bike of mine on Ebay and figure it would end up in the US (i'm in Canada). But was wondering if anyone would bid or would the shipping be outrageous. Guess what i am trying to ask has anyone bought a bike from Canada and if you have how much was shipping. thanks

I am shipping JUST the seat frame part of a Rupp frame from Michigan to Canada like an hour away and a 6 pound little box is over 30 dollars US.. :shrug: Yeah, they have been running the prices through the roof lately.. There are lots of taxes and government crap with crossing the border... You can weigh it and look ahead into what it is going to entail.. that is ACTUALLY the ONLY WAY t go about it... BUT I think your entire problem is all in your head more than anything because there are ALSO lots of mini bike nuts in Canada BUT NO MINI BIKES.... your bike would probably sell good to someone right down the road... what is it? any pics? You should maybe sell it here instead..

HOLY CRAP THATS A NICE BIKE!!!! :drool: WOW man.... that torque cover is worth 200 bucks.. It would be a shame to part that bike out.. I don't think you'd have to... YES I would definitely look into shipping arrangements and costs and everything. People will bid on that ike and pay shipping and not care... Look into doing that auction right before doing it if thats what you do with it..

Any idea what something like that would run for (i'm a little tight on money and could do with selling one to fund the others). Its missing the carb (well its mostly there in pieces) motor turns ver and when you pull it it sounds like it should run. Thanks

That is an almost un-answerable question.. There are thousands of factors to factor in.. how many people are local enough and willing to drive to pick it up.. how many people are willing to pay HUNDREDS of dollars just for shipping... How many people are even online and even SEE it to begin with.. How much money people have t spend, how badly people want to.. They pretty well will tell you that the DON'T GIVE appraisals here.. If you want to KNOW what it will bring on evilbay.. you have to put it there and find out.. :shrug: It is kind of an oddball model, it looks pretty decent from the photos, it's a Rupp which helps, very complete.. alll original.. that all ads up... "My PERSONAL WILD guess" I would think 3 to 400 probably... maybe more probably... BUT it VERY WELL MIGHT be a bad week and not go over 100... You never can know for sure.... I would say 300 is probably pretty safe guess though in my personal opinion... :shrug: if you DID offer to ship it off from Evilbay, paypal is going to charge you an obsene amount for (transferring) the cost of shipping also so you end up paying HUGE fees and stuff and the huge hassle of shipping it.... I sincerely think I would come up with MY OWN reasonable fair price, and post it for sale HERE and CRAIGSLIST and stuff like that for free and let them come to you... :wink:

Thanks haven't decided if i'm selling it for sure was just considering it. Will post it on here and locally first if i decide to sell it might just wait till funds are a little better to get into the rupps and just fucus on the others i have thanks for all the opinions.

will keep it in mind.
Think i might keep it for future considerations.
Want to get the roadster 2 done first.
Its just that parts in Canada are so hard to find and expensive.
thanks

Best way to ship a mini bike across the board is attached to the rack of an RV. Do you know any retired people?

Bringing anything with wheels into Canada requires a lot of paper work. I don't know about the other direction

I got a camper myself with a heavy duty rack could always strap it to it. I've gotten alot of suggestions and it seems either i'm gonna either restore it myself (although i have far to many projects as it is), or sell it locally or part it out. Everything but the frame. Heard it will be more hassle to get it across the border complete. Although if it doesn't have a serial number i was hoping it would just be considered a object or something and therefore would be easy to get across, but it doesn't seem to be how i hoped.