snowblower 212 engine swap

Danny01

has anyone swapped out the engine on their snowblower for a 212 Predator? I was thinking it could be a cool/fun summer project for me

I made a 196 from take off parts/junk and put it on my snow blower.
It works, but its not a snow blower engine and requires some special attention in use.

The issues are ice build up around the governor rods and springs, carb icing issues, lean jetting too.

i did. i pulled a tec hs40 that was very tired off a toro snow blower. put the predator on it with no trouble at all. had to remove / rearrange a few snow blower parts. put all together and had it ready to go. only problem is that it hasn't snowed enough so far this year to need it. last winter, my town broke national snow fall records.

About 5 years ago I latched onto the idea of the " standard engine "

Everything I own will be powered by a GX clone and standard parts.
The plan kind of fell apart in some ways because I moved into 70 mm bores and even more recently have become enamored with the idea of the new Champion 223.

But the idea is still sound.
I can do a fairly quick repair of just about any clone in in application because I keep a lot of parts on hand from stiffs,take offs and retired race motors.
Its a source of comfort when you are in trouble and know there are parts on the shelf and you can avoid the box stores before the storm hits.

Here is old ugly a 1972 Ariens made from 100% recycled junk
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/photopost/data/500/medium/000_0839.JPG

Last edited: