Snowblower with a Great Donor Parts

jeep4me

On Friday, I got a call from the owner of the local small engine shop. He said he was given an older Craftsman snow blower with a great little engine that I might be interested in.

I wasn't able to make it down to his place until yesterday, luckily he still had it waiting for me.

It has a nice little 4hp Tecumseh with a great gas tank and a nice old Mercury clutch.

That's the same vintage as the Craftsman I got a 7hp lighted coil Tecumseh off of. Don't forget to keep the grips for a future "Rat" bike. :wink:

Nice find. You may want to check to see what carb is on that, I pick one like that up of a old Sears snowblower and it has a different cam and carb set up to keep it at 3200 rpm. I bought the parts to make it a standard HS40 again and yellowhand cut the key way in to the crank shaft so it the full length.

some of those are great for parts. even have a regular clutch . i just stripped one down and got about 10 flange bearings , 6 sprockets . big block H40 without a starter, clutch, chain, tires with wheels . i even made a swingarm out of the side plates for my brothers franken bike. all for $10. Cant complain about snow too much or we wouldnt have all these great parts machines :laugh: