Spare 98cc engine wanted

I have a Lifan 98cc (97.7cc exactly, for technical purposes), side-valved (flathead) doodlebug engine that I would really like to have a spare handy for. It is a metric shaft, just a hair bigger than a 5/8 shaft, so I am looking for an exact replacement of this engine. If you have the stock carb for it, that is absolutely wonderful, but if not thats ok too. The stock carb is working great for me with the governor removed, so I don't need any aftermarket carbs with it. I will most likely be looking to make this purchase 2 weeks from now when I next get paid (this week's paycheck is already spoken for). But I figure there is no harm in looking around, so if you like you can pm me and let me know what you've got. As stated above, it must be a Lifan flathead 98cc with the metric 5/8 shaft. Send me a message and we can discuss price and shipping, unless its required that that information be posted in this thread, not real clear on that part. Anyway, let me know. Thanks!

Engine

Hi, I have a motor from a Motovox MBX10 we swapped out to a 5 HP Briggs. Motor, carb linkage all there. The key slot in the shaft has a sloppy spot but still works fine. (longer key if needed). My son is 190lbs and that 97cc just didn't cut it. I purchased a new clutch for the mini at the local Nappa for $50, but with his size it was not the issue. If the motor will work for you $25 for the clutch and the motor is yours just cover shipping.

As stated above, must be a Lifan with the same size shaft as I have now, which is a metric shaft just a hair bigger than 5/8. Don't need a clutch, just the engine, thanks.

bandit 40

My motovox had the straight holes through the block for mounting and the doodle bug has the thin adapter plate with the threaded holes that bolt through the bottom. But yes the same engines.

Ok, I don't know much about minibikes, so dont flame me for not realizing. The engine I'm using now is mounted with an adapter plate, but the holes in the plate aren't threaded.

bandit 40

Matt I don't think it will matter what engine you get there both the same bolt spacing and the clutches are the same as well.:thumbsup: I didnt mean to confuse you :laugh:

Hey Butterbean, same deal. the engine is yours for the cost of shipping, I will try ebay for the clutch. Let me know if your interested.