Speedway Sachs bikes

I would like to apologize if I have been coming off a little condisending in some of my posts. It has taken me a long time, a lot of effort and more money to build my collection of rare and original Speedway Sachs bikes.
I document all of my bikes when I get them with multiple pictures. If possible I always keep the gas tanks with original paint for reference and to document that the bikes are original.
I would do anything I can to help anyone restore one of these bike back to original, but when it comes to faking a bike I am not an advocate and I do not want to be involved.. If you can show me pictures of your Silver Shadow, Black Shadow or any other Speedway Sachs bikes when you originally obtained them, I would gladly offer any assistance I can in obtaining parts or my knowledge of these bikes. I have been putting together an extensive list of VIN numbers, engine numbers of original bikes.if you have a Sachs Speedway and I have not talked to you, please send me a message.

Last edited:
Paul. Get a life and quit being all about Paul. I have been lucky to find enough original parts in my mind to build a silver shadow. It's for my own personal collection and some parts I have made from 2 friends that have original bikes (not you). I am not lucky enough nor do I have the money to buy a complete original silver shadow. As time goes by and I find the original parts I need they will be replaced. You have done the same thing. How many speedway silver shadow parts have you had reproduced. I know first hand of several including frames and your so called speedway super bitch. You rarely come on this forum and only do things if they benefit Paul. I've tried to be nice to you and have helped you a lot on your silver shadow. You came on everyone of my wanted ads offering parts that you can't come through on. I personally don't like you and wish for you to leave me alone.

Last edited:
Aaron I am not sure where that post came from, you told me you had an "original" 1970 Silver Shadow frame that you had no parts for. I have no problem with you making a Silver Shadow, people do it all of the time with Rupp Blackwidows, but when you tell me you are restoring a bike that only 22-25 are made and you are asking for parts to do so, that is wrong. People pay a lot of money for these bikes, and for you to represent your bike as an original when it is actually a reproduction is wrong. I know for a fact you got your bike from Bill and it started off as a blue Scorpion.. I don't care what you do, just be honest about it. I enclosed picture that you sent me of your original Silver Shadow with it original blue paint still on it. image.png

Attachments

Last edited:
Aaron, please don't say I only do things to benefit myself. I have done many restorations of the highest quality at a almost break even price; I have done complete nut and bolt restorations on Spencer's 1971 lighted Silver Shadow, Brent's 1970 Silver Shadow, Gregs 1971 Silver Shadow, Tims 1970 Lighted Silver Shadow (won first place in the AACA concourse motorcycle show) and 1972 Black Shadow, I also did a partaial restoration on Chucks 1971 Silver Shadow and 1972 Super Spyder. I have helped Bill out with numerous parts for both his 1970 and 1971 Silver Shadow, I have also helped Todd out with numerous parts for his 1970 and 1971 Silver Shadow, I have also helped Jerry out with his 1972 Black Shadow and 1972 Widow Maker. I am getting ready to restore a 1970 Silver Shadow for Greg and a 1971 Silver Shadow for Don. I would like to say that I am very greatful for Brent, Tim and Bill, they have all helped me out a lot as well. I would also like to give Todd a special thanks. He has been extremely helpful and instrumental in figuring out the correct way to put these bike back together. He has also helped me find and restore many key rare parts.

Last edited:
Paul,

I'm sure that you are a good guy. If you will recall, you and I spoke a few weeks ago about my Silver Shadow and that I was in need of a plunger and a choke cable to fit. I also asked you if you had a couple of the stock labels…tank, number plate, etc.

You never got back to me so I took that as a no. So I am not sure what parts that you have and/or are really willing to part with. I understand though either way and i believe that you have a passion for these bikes and I respect that.

Ed

Ed, sorry I have not got back to you yet, I was trying to finish a bike for the Winbder Minibike show. Please give me a call Monday and I will get your address and get you the parts you need. Paul