Sports King Bike

I found this on CL and the guy had just put it on, I called him and he told me that a friend of his had just bought it new back in the 70's. He said the kids had ran 4 tanks of gas though it and got bored of it, he drained the gas and put it in the pole barn. It sat there till 2 years ago when he offered it the the seller for free, he said he ran 3 or 4 tanks though it too but doesn't need it. I went to check it out, it was a little hard starting but ran good after it warmed up . Tires are dry rotted, but still usable. The plastic wrap is still under the seat from when it was new. Paid $300 for it, so I don't think I got burned! I never heard of Sports King before, where did they make them at and are they still in business?

Ken

jeep4me

That bike looks alot like a Terra Cat. I have seen those pop up before on craigslist.

Sounds like you got a great deal on that. I would have snatched it up at that price too.

Not too sure where they made those and I'm sure they are no longer in business.

Good Find!!

jeep4me

Very nice. Do the tires still hold air?

Those tires are VERY pricey to replace. Theres a guy in Indiana that sells them ($100 each) but he says he wont guarantee that they will fit on a minibike. He sells them for the vintage Argo 6-wheelers. If you need to replace them, your best bet is to try to retro fit a basic 8" rim to the axels and use a more common 22x11x8 ATV tire.

Nice score there. A shame the poor thing never got a chance to leave the state, if it ever wants to visit MO, you know who to call.:thumbsup:

I will give the members here first crack at it, one member has already contacted me about it. I don't collect bikes, I need a big bike for me and my son, he has Autism. He loves to ride in our old Sand Rail with me, he all about sensory!

Those were made in Rogers City MI, way up north and east. I passed on one in Muskegon that still had all the original decals intact that had been taped off and protected during a pretty decent restore and is where I got the information. I was sure that the Terra Cat I had was a Sport King until I found on the bottom of the seat "Terra Cat". Very similar in design and cool bikes. The one I found had updated tires and wheels though, not the old one piecers! :thumbsup::biggrin:

Sport King

Did the fat tired Sport King ever have chrome front and rear fenders? I have a frame and tires and can't decide if it is a Sport King or Terra cat. I was told by an unreliable source that Tote Gote also had a fat tire bike. Can't find any info on that.

Did the fat tired Sport King ever have chrome front and rear fenders? I have a frame and tires and can't decide if it is a Sport King or Terra cat. I was told by an unreliable source that Tote Gote also had a fat tire bike. Can't find any info on that.
Post some pics :hammer:

vwfan79

My dad has a sport king and we love it. It has a stock predator engine on it and will go anywhere, the big tire make it a little clumsy though. Yours is more complete then my dads, his needs a little work but is still a blast. Nice find.

Just found out I have a Heald Super Bronc.