springer neck frame ID

note the mount on the back of the engine plate for something....

and the rear axle tabs are radiused, not square like some frames. (cant see in the pic)

mybiz

The bracket with two holes drilled in it on the back of the motor mounting plates is to bolt a fender on. And the rear axle mounts are radius and welded on the inside of the frame. Also a lot of foot rests are mounted in the middle of the motor plate and in front.:confused: And the neck bolt and tree is way long an far apart.:shrug:

Western Flyer SS300. The ID tag would have been on the little mount on the rear of the engine plate. The trees are far apart because the front fender mounts on top of the lower tree, and the spring goes through the fender.

The super long neck, rear mounts and rear fender bracket are dead give aways, but if it has the inside out looking wheels, it even easier.:laugh:

Here's my ugly one when I got it with the wrong wheels. I bought a pink Sears bike with the wheels I needed for the WF. Still need a sprocket. I guess I'll buy a blank and drill it.

[/IMG]

Here's shekyglenn's. It looks pretty good.

[/IMG]

Last edited:
Here's my ugly one when I got it with the wrong wheels. I bought a pink Sears bike with the wheels I needed for the WF. Still need a sprocket. I guess I'll buy a blank and drill it.

[/IMG]

Here's shekyglenn's. It looks pretty good.

[/IMG]
jim, i never win nuttin,till my eys find the leter key,then my finger hits
the leter its all done :doah::doah: :smile::smile:

The Western Flyers had the logo plate on the forks. All of these others are the same model sold somewhere else. Mine originally said Texas Ranger on the clutch cover. Here's one from a bigger model.

Let me know if you have a sprocket for #35 chain you'll get rid of.