Springer seat question

Good afternoon guys and gals. New to the forum and to the mini bike scene. love the site by the way. I have a Baja warrior i just picked up for my first project. So my question is what would be the easiest way to put a springer seat on this bike? I definitely dont want it to sit up high on that factory seat bracket, so i was thinking about hacking that off and welding a tab on each side of the frame for the springs to sit on. What you guys think? does anyone have any pics of these bajas with springer seats they can post up? thanks again

Hello DeMar ,

Welcome to the OldMiniBikes !

And a fellow Carolinian at that :thumbsup:

Regarding springer seats....I've not done it...but when I was at Buckeye's Spring Fling, I was looking at some of Angelo's mini bikes that he'd changed from hard tail to springer seat...in speaking with him, he'd gotten the idea from another member here...

Angelo's name here on the OldMiniBikes is 'Chipper' ....go to Chippers photo's and I bet he's got some example photos...try this link:

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/p...to=100406&title=doodle-bug-suspension&cat=500

I am not sure what you have to work with under the seat of a baja...but looking at Chipper's suspended Doodle Bug, you get the general idea.

Plus, I'm sure some other folks who have actual fabrication experience like Angelo, will probably chime in soon hopefully.

Again DeMar, welcome to the OldMiniBikes !

Last edited:
Welcome DeMar , and Thanks Robert . Jdogg was the inventor of the DB set up , not sure it would work out on the Baja , but search the site as many guys have done just about all that can be done to those bikes , have fun