sprocket outside of swingarm

vwfan79

I run one outside the frame on my bonanza, pegs are up front and I have a clutch guard. I use this bike for dirt track racing and have the motor centered in the frame for balance which puts a sprocket outside the frame.

I have never seen an outboard rear sprocket on a minibike. A couple on very custom motorcycles.
If anything the "safer" way would be have the brake disc outboard instead, but is kinda mute due to lack of pics of what the bike looks like.

capguncowboy

Rupp put a lot of their driven Sprockets on the outside of the frame, but the drive sprocket was always on the inside. In 1970 (and later) they put the driver sprocket on the outside of the outside of the jackshaft, but that's because of the narrow design. It was still inside the width of the overall frame.

I'm not sure about others though.

Ok to answer my own question and to help anyone else. If you have a wide motor on a small mini bike. You can convert your mini to use a live axle with a little welding and use key stock and jackshaft collars to keep everything in place

125ccCrazy

Ok to answer my own question and to help anyone else. If you have a wide motor on a small mini bike. You can convert your mini to use a live axle with a little welding and use key stock and jackshaft collars to keep everything in place
in this case I would run a jackshaft and not the rear sprocket to the outside of the frame..