sprocket size?

good day everyone. i have a cat eliminator. it has a 68 tooth sprocket on it , to say the least its very worn out. in the OldMiniBikes warehouse there is a sprocket that has the same bore and bolt pattern but it only has 66 teeth. what i need to know is will the lack of two teeth from a 68 to a 66 will it cause me problems when it comes to where the brake caliper pads will ride on a smaller sprocket? the next up is a 70 tooth and its dia is way too big. thanks for any help you can give.

good day everyone. i have a cat eliminator. it has a 68 tooth sprocket on it , to say the least its very worn out. in the OldMiniBikes warehouse there is a sprocket that has the same bore and bolt pattern but it only has 66 teeth. what i need to know is will the lack of two teeth from a 68 to a 66 will it cause me problems when it comes to where the brake caliper pads will ride on a smaller sprocket? the next up is a 70 tooth and its dia is way too big. thanks for any help you can give.
This is the correct sprocket for your Eliminator and it has 68t.

#35 Chain - 68 Tooth Sprocket for Cat Mini Bikes with Disc Brakes

Way to go Dave nailed that one :thumbsup:
LOL, only because everyone else who knew the answer was away from the machine.

Hey Dodge, the answer to your question about the smaller sprocket, is yes, it will work with the brakes. I have used as small as a 60t on Cat disc brakes and they still engage, though not as good.

"Not as good" is moot really, because over all, those brakes suck even at their best. Something about having chain lube splattered on a brake surface I'd imagine. :wink:

....We're supposed to lube the chains? :laugh:
If you have a Cat with disc brakes, it's better just to keep changing the chain out. :thumbsup:

Of course they never really work right until the chain is all stretched out to match the warped wheels and sprockets anyway.

:laugh::laugh: