SSS Cat II, Predator 212cc ohv

Hey guys, I created an account because I'm pretty new to mini bike modification, and overall little mechanical background in this area at all. So I thought I'd ask some people who do.

Recently me and a buddy managed to find some old Arctic Cat mini bikes, which are my absolute favorite, needless to say we jumped at the chance, and bought them, with most the original parts. Mine didn't come with an engine, but I also payed alot less.

Anyway, I have a model 1970 SSScat II, and I recently purchased a predator 212cc ohv, and the original Twist throttle, kill switch etc. The engine fits perfectly in the base, and I managed to disconnect the current gas tank, and rig it to the original cat Gas tank.... That being said, now comes my ineptitude, I have absolutely no idea how to modify the throttle lever to accomodate a twist throttle, or if I even need to. I don't want to screw anything up so I'm wondering if anyone has done this? or even better can share a link with the information I need?

Note I did search threads pertaining to Predator 212cc, and I saw one about throttle hookup, but there's not much information there.

I guess I should also start asking about what other kind of parts I need, for instance chain, clutch, etc.

Last edited:
Anyway, I have a model 1970 SSScat II, and I recently purchased a predator 212cc ohv, and the original Twist throttle, kill switch etc. The engine fits perfectly in the base, and I managed to disconnect the current gas tank, and rig it to the original cat Gas tank.... That being said, now comes my ineptitude, I have absolutely no idea how to modify the throttle lever to accomodate a twist throttle, or if I even need to. I don't want to screw anything up so I'm wondering if anyone has done this? or even better can share a link with the information I need?
You will need a cable to run from the twist grip to the throttle plate. The throttle plate has two mounting locations for the cable to operate, one near the rear of the engine and one near the side. The plate has a tab with a small bolt (8mm? Mine had a Phillips head) loosen which ever side works better for you run the cable through or under the tab. When you tighten the tab it holds the outer part of the cable in place but alllows the inner braided cable to move freely. The inner cable will run through a wire stop that's attached to the throttle arm. Tighten the wire stop (Mine again had a Phillips head) slightly at a point that gives you a good range of motion when you twist the twist throttle. Make sure to loosen the throttle arm nut (10mm) slightly to allow free movement of the throttle. The twist throttle should have a return spring in it, but one could be added to the engine side of thins as well.

Last edited: