stens carb on a 5.5hp powersport motor?

I just picked up an ohv 5.5 horsepower powersport go Kart motor. The carb is shot. It needs the primer bulb, emulsion tube, and a rebuild kit. I'd rather have a choke than a primer bulb anyway, so will one of these bolt up to my intake manifold and run good? It's model number 640340, says it fits TECUMSEH OH195, OHH50, OHH55 and OHH60 models. Thanks!!!

bandit 40

I ran into this a while back with my 6.0hp powersport, The carb bolted up fine its the linkage thats different. You may have to reroute it differently. Hopefuly someone more experienced will chime in to confirm this, I wouldnt want to mislead you.

That carb is about the best option for you.. :thumbsup:

You need the HS or H35 throttle shaft for the linkages to work... PROBLEM is, the fuel inlet is an elbow on the HS carbs.. on an OHH, the fuel line goes strait in from the side..

In a PERFECT WORLD, you want an H-60 carb, THEN tear it apart, and ad a throttle shaft from the OHH into the H body... :laugh:

But YEAH that looks about perfect, you'll have to do a deal on the fuel line.. probably just ad 3 or 4 more inches of line circled around, with a fuel filter hooking the two halves together, or however ya go.. :shrug:

Otherwise yup yup, choke arm looks rite and everything..