stock exhaust on lifan 125cc??

i'm not on here very much, but i figure for a question regarding my mini pit z50r i should come here to ask my question.

I've got a 1979 Z50R with a lifan 125cc in it. I have an aftermarket exhaust on it right now that i got from ebay for cheap and just customized it to fit. I like the exhaust but it's really loud and has that thumper sound i like, but then again it's really loud. I've got the stock Z50R exhaust that came on my bike when i bought it sitting on the shelf, and i was wondering how it would sound and or work? Has anyone done the big bore kit or 125cc engine and still used the stock exhaust?

I want the bike to be more quiet to keep peace in my neighborhood and still be able to do my hot laps in my yard...

Any ideas or suggestions or comments or experiences welcome :scooter:

I tried to fit it up last night. The 125 has a longer cylinder on it so stock exhaust wouldn't fit without some heavy modifications. Maybe later down the road I will try, or buy an aftermarket exhaust that is quiet. Any suggestions?

I would try and find a used STOCK exhaust off a 125cc pit bike. My friend has one and is pretty quiet. Maybe even just the cannister since you modded yours to fit already. Try PCC MOTOR on the internet and give them a call. They would probably have one laying around to sell you as they upgrade bikes for customers, lots of people want that loud thumper sound so they probably swap them out quite frequently! Good luck!:thumbsup:

I had a 125cc lifan in a doodlebug frame (the thread is around here somewhere). I started with a crappy 40$ exhaust I picked up on ebay, then switched to a better canister and filled it will muffler packing. This combination made the thing quiet as a mouse unless I really stepped on it, no pun intended.