stop leak in tank

hope this it the right spot for this but is there a gas proof sealant that you can put in a tank that stops leaks & coats the tank with a new laier of skin on the in side? iv got a small rust spot that just started leaking i really hate to put a screw in it but thats the 1st thing that came to mind?

cool i googled it the guy was kind of a jerk but not enuff to make me not want to buy lol thanks
ps. clean out your pm box lol

Last edited:
hope this it the right spot for this but is there a gas proof sealant that you can put in a tank that stops leaks & coats the tank with a new laier of skin on the in side? iv got a small rust spot that just started leaking i really hate to put a screw in it but thats the 1st thing that came to mind?
That and duct tape will fix anything! I bought a tank for a rupp that had the stuff in there and the dude who bought it is aware of it, he has had no trouble thus far!

can you see the inside of it through the filler cap? If so the auto parts stores always have epoxies and sealers for that kinda stuff in a tube

i thought of that but not sure which 1s are gas proof & i cant c the hole fron the inside cuz of the way it sits over the cross bar indent but thanks for the thought im buyin some pol 15 ooh sweet bullrun is on c ya

125ccCrazy

yeah that por15 tank sealer is nice stuff, I've done several tanks with it..

Whatever ya do, DON"T use that crap called kreme (however it's spelled), it will peel and flake off inside and cause a frigen nitemare.....

yeah that por15 tank sealer is nice stuff, I've done several tanks with it..

Whatever ya do, DON"T use that crap called kreme (however it's spelled), it will peel and flake off inside and cause a frigen nitemare.....
i have used it in my 2 trail 90 tanks and in the 5 years its been in it no issues

sweet thanks im not 1 that reads directions much but this time i will for sure i dont want to have any isues my 1st mini (artic cat ) had a never ending leak that just vibrated gas all over imn my crotch & down the leg of my tough skin jeans & it itched like hell but it never stopped me from ridin lol
:crying::freakout:

go to ebay...product is por15 gas take sealer make sure you use metal etcher...buy the wole kit...its cheap and you can do your and repair a friends for a fee of the cost of materials..............ha ha

something else you can try is a auto chassis paint called chassis black. very tough auto coating,comes in black and silver that i know of. just clean the tank well,prefered media blasting. pour it in,swish around to coat all of inside. this stuff dries with humidity in the air, not with a hardner. not affected by grease,oil,gas,alky,i've never seen it chip or peal,takes a very long time to blast off if you need it gone.there is no uv protection in this paint.
cost is $40 a qt. at most auto paint suppliers.

I had that problem with my Tank on my Raptor. I just went to the auto store and bought some Cheap epoxy:eek:ut:. Havent had a problem with it yet.................... so far