Streaker Carb Leaking Gas

Guys is there a shut off valve or something for these old streakers? Mine is dripping gas sometimes. I have no real reason why but Im waiting for my air cleaner to arrive and I dont want to put the new air cleaner on and have it leaking into my filter. Something easy or am I in need of some kind of carb kit? :shrug:

jrzmac

Guys is there a shut off valve or something for these old streakers? Mine is dripping gas sometimes. I have no real reason why but Im waiting for my air cleaner to arrive and I dont want to put the new air cleaner on and have it leaking into my filter. Something easy or am I in need of some kind of carb kit? :shrug:
you really need a shut off valve between the tank and the carb! if you don't see one now, you really should get one. especially when you need to work on the carb, kinda tough theres no way to keep the gas from flowing. they're cheap too. Briggs & Stratton 494768 1/4" Fuel Shut Off Valve so, if you got gas leaking from the carb it could be a number of things. from a worn out O ring to a float with a hole in it to a bad needle and seat? I would start with a shut off valve, then get yourself a repair kit. Tecumseh 31840 Carburetor Repair Kit I can post a link to a video showing how to clean a Tecumseh carb if you've never done it before. It's not that hard. let me know?

Ill take you up on that video..Im gonna get the fuel shut off valve ordered today. Then Ill check into the repair kit. But it is 30 years old so Id guess a repair kit might be in order. Im not sure what, if any work was done by the previous owner, but for $100 I dont mind putting a few dollars into it. Plus this dam Manco is awesome:scooter: