Stuck piston

Okay. So this was my first time installing a piston in anything and I messed up( I know practice makes perfect :D . So I had my 3.308 (standard size) rod on my stock predator 212cc piston (same with wrist pin but I have gx200 clips because I lost mine but they are the same size) and i gently put it through the cylinder with the arrow on the piston pointing down and some with the oil dip on the rod. ( I couldn't find the 2 dots the instructions were talking about so I just looked at some pictures and figured I had it right) so then I was trying to put the piston in and i recently ordered and received a ~$12 piston ring compressor (eBay) and i was using that (if i even had It right) so I had the piston part into the cylinder with the rings compressed but they weren't in the cylinder yet, and I could only get the oil ring past the top and i can't remember if I hit it with a screwdriver handle or if that was when in pushed it in really hard, so then I couldn't see but I was on the second from bottom ring (middle ( and i hit the piston with handle a lot of times and it wasn't going in at all and I was obviously mad. So I took off the compressor and noticed it in crooked with part of the second ring in and part not, so I was like okay ill just try and pull out that ring and take out the piston and do it again. Upon trying to get the ring out I snapped it and it somehow was in 3 places. I got all 3 peices out and now the piston is stuck and I can't get it out. Any suggestions? And I'm scared the wall is scored ): also what parts should I order now? My thoughts: flat top piston ( will a gx200 one fit? New rings for that piston, and that's all, don't really see the need in a weisco, and they are expensive...( here are my mods: Top plate
Walbro pump (pulse inlet in valve cover)
Breather (no catch can)
Ajustable ruixing carb (mine was a carb version engine so it was non adjustable)
140 e tube and a lot of jets(I have my engine all apart so i can't tube it now, what do you think is best for my setup?)
Billet rod (std length)
Mod2 cam
Billet flywheel (raceseng)
18lb springs
RLV header and muffler
No govenor
adjustable ignition timing bracket (raceseng).

I plan on putting it in a go kart and it was originally in a doodlebug

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Wow, that is a problem. :confused:

Try putting the ring compressor band back on, then you will have a bit more to grab.

Hope you have not done any damage.

Oh ...that sounds tight, but should come out with a little luck.
Clone piston will not work in a predator.
Install your new rings one at a time into the cylinder to make sure you have the correct ring gap.

I have an adjustable ring compresser and it really doesnt work that well on these little motors. I get much better results using a worm clamp (hose clamp).
I use the one that holds my air filter on and it fits perfectly.

Oh okay because I have a adjustable one too and maybe I will try the hose or worm clamp next time, and do you have any suggestions on how to remove the rim or buildup of carbon stuff (i dont know what its called) very top of cylinder? I

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
cylinder hone , just do a light run through.
Always use some light oil when you hone and be sure you wash / wipe it clean.

e-item 190836736376 just runs with your power drill.

Check your cyl size before you buy, this is for 51mm an up.

Now I know why you got stuck.

Okay thanks I never knew that's what they were for! So I saw the one on ebay and i will measure my bore later when I get the piston out... but all this does is clean the cylinder? I don't want to be wearing it down.

Yeah! And the ridge isn't as bad as I stayed it was after looking at it again, the piston slid right in (I had a lot of oil in it just to prevent any possible scratches).Now I just am waiting on my rings to get here.