swap meet tec 3.5

capguncowboy

That's a nice, hard to find engine. Those side tank engines were used on some of the Rupp Karts (and a few others), and the Rupp Chopper, Rascal and a couple of others. It even has the correct throttle control for a kart or mini.

What's the serial number?

That's a nice, hard to find engine. Those side tank engines were used on some of the Rupp Karts (and a few others), and the Rupp Chopper, Rascal and a couple of others. It even has the correct throttle control for a kart or mini.

What's the serial number?
The tag has been removed..... GRRRR really don't get why some people feel the need to remove ID tags

markus

Nice find KC :thumbsup: thats off a Rupp monza "chevy JR" kart (you will see the decal if you search them out on google) I want to say those were 3.5 hp on the karts but not 100%. On those I strongly suggest sealing the tank if you redo it. They never sealed the riv-nuts that are used for the mount points and if you take it apart to redo or work on there a good chance they will move and seep oozing fuel down and around the recoil :blink:

Thanks Mark. That's good to know about the tank. It always a joy to leak fuel on fresh paint :cursing: Cowboy I am making an assumption based on the ID of the intake. The 2.5's that I have owned, have a very restricted intake. If I keep it I will check the bore and stoke. Or it may just sit on a shelf, It's a cool little engine :laugh: