Swapped flywheel, now bike won’t start.

Swapped the stock (ct200u) flywheel to “69730 69736 Aluminum” some cheap option on Amazon. Kept the original timing key since it matches what came with the new wheel. Now I can crank all day maybe get a slight sputter but won’t run. I swapped back to the stock and now I can’t get it to start at all.(yes I spaced the coil accordingly) This has been the only change since it was last running (yesterday).

I didn't suggest you ruined it. Since you messed with the ignition system, and it now refuses to act right, I want you to be certain that your ignition system is working correctly.

Example: Cheap flywheel timing might be wrong. You tried to start engine with incorrect timing, fouling plug. Reinstall original flywheel, restoring original timing, but it still won't start because plug is still fouled. Make sense when you think about it?
If you still have no spark, let us know.

Look at the wire going to the kill switch from under the shroud.

SAS289

If it has the original Hisun 196 it will not have a low oil switch.

Have no idea of how you could lose spark from a flywheel swap.

$33 is a good price on those flywheels. I think I paid $42 for mine last August. I bet a lot of guys buy these not knowing or even care how they are timed. Studz racing recommends buying their 12 degree key for at least 30 degrees of timing.

I didn't suggest you ruined it. Since you messed with the ignition system, and it now refuses to act right, I want you to be certain that your ignition system is working correctly.

Example: Cheap flywheel timing might be wrong. You tried to start engine with incorrect timing, fouling plug. Reinstall original flywheel, restoring original timing, but it still won't start because plug is still fouled. Make sense when you think about it?
If you still have no spark, let us know.

Look at the wire going to the kill switch from under the shroud.
I did check the wiring as well, my spark plug was virtually black. Im afraid i changed the carb and temporarily had too large of a jet where it was running rich. at this point im back tracking but will attempt a new spark plug today with original setup and retry.

While you're at it, also might want to check your oil to see if any gas washed down the cylinder and wound up in your crankcase. If you were yanking the pull start til your arm fell off and fuel is getting pulled into the cylinder it's only going a couple of places.
Oofta, i will give that a look thank you.

Be sure the new plug makes spark before you install it, please?
I can feel the “shock” when I hold the metal but no spark even on a new spark plug

-just kidding I didn’t ground the boot of the plug to see the spark, stock is rolling now to test aluminum again

Last edited:
Any chance I did not install the new flywheel correctly because the clutch on the jackshift is slipping now as if it’s spinning too fast. Btw thanks for the spark plug fix I assumed that couldn’t have been the problem but it was.