Synthetic Oil leak

I recently moved to Redline oil after break-in on my modded predator and I'm noticing oil on the floor. Realizing there are many factors, one of which is the fact that synthetics do creep past seals, do you all have any hints/tricks. I don't mind living with it and topping off on occasion. I'm guessing sidecover or crank bearing?:confused:

I recently moved to Redline oil after break-in on my modded predator and I'm noticing oil on the floor. Realizing there are many factors, one of which is the fact that synthetics do creep past seals, do you all have any hints/tricks. I don't mind living with it and topping off on occasion. I'm guessing sidecover or crank bearing?:confused:
My son has ran Redline 30wt Racing Oil in his performance-modded Briggs Raptor engine w/o any leaking issues like you have described.
Michael

I checked the level and it's OK. Not a lot of oil, but the spots are annoying. I have a dirtbike stand that will keep it level, mebbe the tilt of the kickstand makes it leak past the fill plugs? Either way, thanks for the input.

I checked the level and it's OK. Not a lot of oil, but the spots are annoying. I have a dirtbike stand that will keep it level, mebbe the tilt of the kickstand makes it leak past the fill plugs? Either way, thanks for the input.
Clean all of the oil from the engine real good, then start it up and start looking closely (up real close with a flashlight) for where it is leaking.
Michael

Leaks can happens on an older worn motor when it is suddenly changed to synthetics, ... like you said "creep past the seals" Because the flow rate is higher with synthetics.
Viscosity and flow rate are different different animals. But sounds like your engine is fresh so probably just a bad seal or gasket.