taco 100b

Not looking to start any pissing matches, just wondering if anybody knows any more about the 100b release date, is it still viable? . Ive read all the crap from back in 2011 with taco joe but wondered if there were any production updates, tacos site doesnt give much info.:innocent:

Last edited:
Not looking to start any pissing matches, just wondering if anybody knows any more about the 100b release date, is it still viable? . Ive read all the crap from back in 2011 with taco joe but wondered if there were any production updates, tacos site doesnt give much info.:innocent:
I never come to OldMiniBikes, sorry. Tracy Geiger a very good friend spotted this and thought I should help out with accurate information.
I would first ask that if anyone has any questions about Taco in as much as what I am doing or have done, please do not come here for insight or answers. Pick up the phone and call me or email me.
As far as the 100B goes I will release it when ready. I am currently making changes to it to accommodate the new OHV motors without having to purchase a remote tank.
I have no date, don't intend to give a date but will send out the email blast as I have in the past to let everyone on the list know when it is available.

On a side note. Taco has discontinued doing business of any kind with Go Karts USA/GTC. Please if you do purchase anything from them please be cautious and read the reviews on the net about them first then make the decision. I don't want Taco to be associated with people who handle things in the manner is which they do. Thanks again.

Joe

Didnt expect to hear from you personally joe, but its cool that I did. Although I dont see whats wrong with posting it on here. Im relatively new to the hobby, and havent been given all the rules yet. Your either doing good business or your not, and honestly you seem a little uptight about it. To quote " I dont intend to give a date", seems a little stand-offish. Everyone has a business plan. I was merely inquiring about the 100b because i was interested in it. It does seem ironic that your plagued with being surrounded by bad businesses. Its a damn shame, that taco 100 seems like it would be a fun toy...:scooter:

Its a damn shame, that taco 100 seems like it would be a fun toy...:scooter:
Yep. Till you put an OHV motor on it. Seems to me, you spend all that money for an old school bike with the Taco trademark, then slap on a China motor, you're pissing in the wind.

I'd asked the same question re the 100, over a year ago. To hear it's on hold pending mod for an OHV motor with an internal tank does zero for me.

As does a vendor trashing another vendor. Didn't need to hear that, true or not. Bad form.

Glad you asked the question anyway Charlie. I'd been wondering.

Yep. Till you put an OHV motor on it. Seems to me, you spend all that money for an old school bike with the Taco trademark, then slap on a China motor, you're pissing in the wind.

I'd asked the same question re the 100, over a year ago. To hear it's on hold pending mod for an OHV motor with an internal tank does zero for me.

As does a vendor trashing another vendor. Didn't need to hear that, true or not. Bad form.

Glad you asked the question anyway Charlie. I'd been wondering.
Charlie, this is why I never come to this site. Guys like this have done nothing to help move the sport/hobby forward one inch. What they take joy in is beating on everyone with their negativity. OldMiniBikes is where all the rumors begin and those like HD love to stir it up while he works on 1 of his 4 mini bikes. Dave I was heavily criticized years ago on this very site for using the Honda on my projects. If it weren't for the new OHV motors mini biking as I see it would be dead. I am working towards kids having MB's like I did when I was young. Chip Foose and I just finished a 22 with a 3HP Predator for kids. Works great. Unfortunately there are a lot of guys on this site who disagree with moving things ahead for our kids, guys like HD. Narrow minded and stuck in 1967.
In any case I do what I do at my pace and not to make the guys on this site happy.
As for me warning you about GKUSA, I just did you a favor. Dave go make a purchase from them. Check the net for the proof. When you and others were taking cheap shots at me from some fake idiot you found no problem with that. In any case, Charlie I would suggest that you get your information from somewhere where it is positive, I don't think you find that here in this forum.

fistfullabar

Charlie, this is why I never come to this site. Guys like this have done nothing to help move the sport/hobby forward one inch. What they take joy in is beating on everyone with their negativity. OldMiniBikes is where all the rumors begin and those like HD love to stir it up while he works on 1 of his 4 mini bikes. Dave I was heavily criticized years ago on this very site for using the Honda on my projects. If it weren't for the new OHV motors mini biking as I see it would be dead. I am working towards kids having MB's like I did when I was young. Chip Foose and I just finished a 22 with a 3HP Predator for kids. Works great. Unfortunately there are a lot of guys on this site who disagree with moving things ahead for our kids, guys like HD. Narrow minded and stuck in 1967.
In any case I do what I do at my pace and not to make the guys on this site happy.
As for me warning you about GKUSA, I just did you a favor. Dave go make a purchase from them. Check the net for the proof. When you and others were taking cheap shots at me from some fake idiot you found no problem with that. In any case, Charlie I would suggest that you get your information from somewhere where it is positive, I don't think you find that here in this forum.
Taco joe is mad cause Dave's taco is nicer with a killer engine and chip foose putting a pred on a taco is no great achievement sorry we are not blinded by all that hollywood hype:devil2: "for the kids" what kids whose kids??? 1 bike for the "kids":confused::eek:ut:

When you and others were taking cheap shots at me from some fake idiot you found no problem with that.
What the hell are you talking about? I've only commented to you via PM a year and a half ago, when I was asking about the 100. :shrug:

Four mini bikes? In the past two years, I've spent over 10K on restoring mini bikes.

You responded here whining, even confusing me with someone else. You trash a competing company. You bitch about OldMiniBikes. You taking an iconic mini and modifying it and trying to push it off as original is no one's idea of pushing the hobby. Only your income. I don't have a problem with that, but don't play yourself off as some higher purpose. Funny that you'd trash me, knowing that you were pushing a potential customer away.

And fix your website already. :thumbsup:

This is my T99. Obviously I am not a purist.

Actually I am hoping for an apology from Joe. Thinking that maybe he and I had "got into it" I searched the site.

The only thread that he and I participated in was this one. A thread I started, asking about the 100B.

Obviously he and I were on good terms, as I made this comment to another member:

Yeah, good, because all you have to do is send Joe a PM and he will respond. I started this thread about availability of the 100B, and I really don't know which model you are talking about. It it's any other model, please take it off line, or start your own thread.

There are other threads here on the Frijole builds if that's what you are talking about.

fistfullabar

What the hell are you talking about? I've only commented to you via PM a year and a half ago, when I was asking about the 100. :shrug:

Four mini bikes? In the past two years, I've spent over 10K on restoring mini bikes.

You responded here whining, even confusing me with someone else. You trash a competing company. You bitch about OldMiniBikes. You taking an iconic mini and modifying it and trying to push it off as original is no one's idea of pushing the hobby. Only your income. I don't have a problem with that, but don't play yourself off as some higher purpose. Funny that you'd trash me, knowing that you were pushing a potential customer away.

And fix your website already. :thumbsup:

This is my T99. Obviously I am not a purist.

I was gonna p.m. you and ask to post a pic of YOUR sick a$$ taco:laugh: Well said Dave was gonna say the same thing but i kept it to the mystery "kids" people say stuff like that to try and "pump up there realness" and "give back" to who chip fosse's kids :confused::eek:ut::facepalm:

I was gonna p.m. you and ask to post a pic of YOUR sick a$$ taco:laugh: Well said Dave was gonna say the same thing but i kept it to the mystery "kids" people say stuff like that to try and "pump up there realness" and "give back" to who chip fosse's kids :confused::eek:ut::facepalm:
Yeah, I shouldn't have said anything, but I have been waiting for these to become available for almost two years. To hear it was awaiting further development so a clone will fit kinda bummed me out. Nothing against those engines, but there are more modern frames out there that do the basic mini bike job better than a Taco.

Then to say how much he's contributed to mini bikes? Over the top.

Earlier, he took credit for the jump in value of Tacos. Even if that were true, (Can't see how) all I can say to that is "thanks a lot." But then I'm not in the business of making money on mini bikes.

I do it for the nostalgic rush I get. And because I have a need to spend money on kid's toys. :doah:

I bet my can-o-Taco paint is better than Chip Fooses. LMAO!

Motra

Yep. Till you put an OHV motor on it.
Even though this is kind of a heated thread I'm really not trying to stir anything up here, I respect your knowledge and ability. But, how do build a new product with an obsolete flathead engine? He uses Honda engines and you don't get any better than that.

Even though this is kind of a heated thread I'm really not trying to stir anything up here, I respect your knowledge and ability. But, how do build a new product with an obsolete flathead engine? He uses Honda engines and you don't get any better than that.
I do understand the clone or Honda aspect of it as the flatheads are getting harder to find parts for.

I also understand wanting to make it available to a wider audience than just flathead riders by making an easy install of a Predator, clone, etc.

But for me, a Taco had a flathead. Should always have a flathead.

Progress sucks.

My DB has a Predator. The wife's BSR has a Honda, but my Trailblazer has a Tec, and the VT-7 has a Tec.

Too purist? Dunno. Don't care. Just the way I do things.

I even spent extra time and $$$ to get the HS50 and rebuild it for the Trailblazer when I already have a new in the box Predator sitting here in the garage.

And as far as Joe taking his time, so be it. The question will then be if there is anyone around still interested by the time he is done.

Last edited: