Tass 928's Open class "Doodlebus"

Checking in with a little progress report.

Center two engines run perfectly. Front will start but not stay running and the carb is leaking. Rear engine runs but not great and the fuel petcock on the carb is leaking.

So, next up is a couple of carb clean/ rebuilds.

I was actually able to get it moving with only one engine running and with two, I could putt around the parking lot.

The turning circle? A very svelte 14 feet :laugh:

Oh, and rear engine exhaust burned the paint on my back fender so an outlet turnout and/or and heat shield will be fixing that.

Not tearing up the street yet, but almost there:thumbsup:

Think its going to be a lot of tinkering to get it all the jive together.:thumbsup:
Plenty of time left Mr. Tass. :scooter:
Actually, I got motivated today and zipped throught my list. Both carbs were full of crud, one had a sticky float and the other a plugged jet. I lucked out and was able to get them both serviced without pulling the engines.

I had an old chrome fender that I carved up into a heat shield for my rear fender and it completely covered the paint damge :smile: A short extension welded on the muffler of engine 4 finished the job.

So...off the table and out the door to test/debug session #2 :smile:

Vid...Vid...Vid....:shrug::shrug::shrug:
I'm guilty, no vid yet :doah:

I'm waiting for the temp to rise and the sun to come out so I can drag it back outside to play.

And...I kinda got started on my next build and it's side trackin' me.

And, and.....oddly enough, I actually had to do some real "work" this week :scared:

Those are my stories and I'm stickin' to them :scooter:

This thing looks super neat. I really like the chain cover you made!

Also, I kind of like that you didn't connect the exhausts, it really emphasizes the multiple engines.

Lets see if this works :doah:

I'm still having a lttle trouble with number 4 engine but I was able to ride around on 3.

Here is a short video of the startup....I had trouble telling which engines were running, but the first three seem pretty reliable and had a nice idle.

Oops...dreaded red X....back to the drawing board :>)

Lets see if this works :doah:

I'm still having a lttle trouble with number 4 engine but I was able to ride around on 3.

Here is a short video of the startup....I had trouble telling which engines were running, but the first three seem pretty reliable and had a nice idle.

Oops...dreaded red X....back to the drawing board :>)
I got it to download. Pain in the ass video, but it worked good. Bike sounds like theres a lot going on. :thumbsup:

I was completely distracted by the picklefork in the back ground. :laugh: Please trash your build thread by posting some photos of it too. :thumbsup:

#4 Engine....sounds like you're talking about a multi-engine aircraft. :)

I got it to download. Pain in the ass video, but it worked good. Bike sounds like theres a lot going on. :thumbsup:

I was completely distracted by the picklefork in the back ground. :laugh: Please trash your build thread by posting some photos of it too. :thumbsup:

#4 Engine....sounds like you're talking about a multi-engine aircraft. :)
OK, a quick look at the boat project :smile:

The pickle fork is actually a "74" Nordic tunnle hull that I'm putting one of my Porsche V8's in. Just another of many crazy projects I have going on. I'm a 928 nut.

Definitely in my top ten favorite of all time here. Great build! That fourth engine sounds like one of the ones that had the choke reversed??

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...

Definitely in my top ten favorite of all time here. Great build! That fourth engine sounds like one of the ones that had the choke reversed??

What is that about??? I noticed that the choke levers were not all labled the same but figured it was just a lable error.

I think I just need to bring the idle up on #4 so it will stay running. I'm certainly going to pull the air filters and check on the choke positions though, thanks!

Pretty sure there was an issue with the chokes on those, but maybe it was just a reversed label? There may be some info in the DB section.

Ratbike

OK, a quick look at the boat project :smile:

The pickle fork is actually a "74" Nordic tunnle hull that I'm putting one of my Porsche V8's in. Just another of many crazy projects I have going on. I'm a 928 nut.

Gotta love those Jet Boats!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: