TAV problems??

I have a TAV that came stock on my hustler, i got a new HS40 and mounted evrything up.

with the belt sorta loose it squealed a bit and i had to push off to start, it had a very slow start up.

when i pushed the motor back to get the belt to rest more on the idles, when it starts it sqeauls loud and if i dont push off with it it locks up and kills the engine. also with this pushed back setup once you got it going you couldent slow down to a stop and let it idle, it would thump, lock up and kill itself.

wth is goin on here? its a stock TAV1 with a 3/4" comet belt.

george3

I have a TAV that came stock on my hustler, i got a new HS40 and mounted evrything up.

with the belt sorta loose it squealed a bit and i had to push off to start, it had a very slow start up.

when i pushed the motor back to get the belt to rest more on the idles, when it starts it sqeauls loud and if i dont push off with it it locks up and kills the engine. also with this pushed back setup once you got it going you couldent slow down to a stop and let it idle, it would thump, lock up and kill itself.

wth is goin on here? its a stock TAV1 with a 3/4" comet belt.
It needs disassembled cleaned and lubed driver and driven. with comet lube only.

like the internals or the plates? because i used brake cleaner on the driver/driven plates to get all the black crap off them the belt left behind