Tecumseh 2 stroke, 3 hp carb question

I recently scored two brand new Tecumseh 3 hp two stroke engines from a Gov Deals auction. Both were brand new, no gas tank or air cleaner and the pull handle never attached. I got them for $15 each! Trying to find a good use for them. They are models TH098SA, Spec: 1729E. They are horizontal shaft with a fixed carburetor, apparently used on snowblowers. The carb does not appear to be adjustable whatsoever.

I had a small go kart frame, a little one seater with no engine so I fixed it up and fabricated an engine mount plate because the 2 stroke is a side mount. I have everything set, gas tank attached with a fuel cutoff, a kill switch wired and a plate to connect the throttle cable. I knew the carb was going to be a problem but before I started messing with that I wanted to make sure everything else worked out, I've never mounted or ran a 2 stroke like that on a go kart. Everything now appears good to go, but of course when I start the engine it's running wide open, just like you would want it to do if it was on a snowblower!

I'm assuming that this carb will simply not work at all, if I am wrong please correct me. Again I am assuming that I will need an adjustable carb. It seems like it should be a pretty easy swap. Can anybody tell me which adjustable carb is compatible with this engine?

I had someone on another small engine forum tell me that there should be no problem with the carb, it was a governor issue. I was going to remove the governor and see if that works but then I would still have to come up with some way of being able to adjust the low idle speed. That's a lot of rigging, I was hoping to just find out which adjustable carb is compatible with that engine and try to find one pretty cheap. I've done too much work to throw in the towel now and just put a traditional four stroke on there.