Tecumseh HM80 LIGHTED, taylor muffler, mini bike/trike throttle etc..

markus

HM80 lighted, came off a tri sport. it is a correct recreational vehicle factory setup engine. Has aluminum flywheel, correct throttle, taylor spark arrestor header/muffler. 1" shaft ball bearing. This engine is very clean, I took all the tins and flywheel off and cleaned it, it had no gummy buildup or debris on it, only reason it was dirty was it was at the bottom of a pile of engine stacked in a shop for the past 10-15 years.

I got it to run briefly, for about 3 minutes, but had to keep it full choke and it would not adjust out, the engine ran strong, has great compression, no smoke or odd noises, powered up a headlight nice and bright at idle, the carb is messed up though. Had alot of caramelized fuel in the bowl, I cleaned out what I could and the carb actually appears to be in good shape, the main needle though has some damage and I think that and possibly the removable main jet tube could be the biggest culprit. Its a walbro and from what I seen on a quick search Tec did away with them and even seemed to push a retrokit for their own type carb. If I had some big block stuff here I would work one it, I dont though and I really dont have a use for the engine so for now I offer it up like this. there is no tag on this engine, It should be about a 72-73 judging by what it has on it and color

should be a pretty mean engine with a fresh carb on it :thumbsup:

$250 shipped east of the mississippi $260 west

Last edited:
Nice shot of how that throttle linkage is set up. Wish I could find that dang bracket... Although really, what is it doing besides holding down one side of the torsion spring and it has the termination for the cable. I don't get why its so big and shaped like that.

markus

Who bought this from me???? :shrug: I can remember it not having a tag but cant remember who bought it :doah: I just picked up a January 1972 H80 shroud to rob some throttle parts off of and it had a tag on it, wanted to see if whoever bought that thing wanted the tag.

Let me know :thumbsup: