Tecumseh HS40 or Predator 212 Hemi (60363)

Tecumseh HS40 or Predator Hemi Head

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey guys give me your thoughts on this build should I go Tecumseh or Predator ? Rebuilt Tecumseh HS40 mostly stock and will stay that way. Or a Predator 212 Hemi head (60363) that will stay governed but maybe some after market parts.
OH and I'm a big boy..:anon.sml:.so give me your honest opinions , but please keep the foul language to a minimal ! :laugh:

Hey guys give me your thoughts on this build should I go Tecumseh or Predator ? Rebuilt Tecumseh HS40 mostly stock and will stay that way. Or a Predator 212 Hemi head (60363) that will stay governed but maybe some after market parts.
OH and I'm a big boy..:anon.sml:.so give me your honest opinions , but please keep the foul language to a minimal ! :laugh:

This is an easy one for me. HS40 all the way!
I would run the Tec if I had it. Everybody has a Predator... Including me..... Build is to unique for a cookie cutter modern motor. :anon.sml:

I haven't used a predator yet . I got one that came with the 1960 Micro Cycle but I'm into OLD Mini Bikes. Since ya got a Nice Tec, I would use it. It's your project Eric and I know you would make the predator look Cool! Either way with your creativity, it's gonna be a nice bike. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
The HS40 has more power than you'd think, and depending of how you gear it, may be just fine. But, if you're planning on cruising the 'hood the pred might be the best option. Split decision for me.

This is an easy one for me. HS40 all the way!
Thanks for your honesty...:thumbsup:

I would run the Tec if I had it. Everybody has a Predator... Including me..... Build is to unique for a cookie cutter modern motor. :anon.sml:
Thanks Doug...:thumbsup:

The predator fills in the space nicely. Tec gives it that nice vintage look. If you are going to ride this bike I'd say predator
Thank you Karl ! :thumbsup:

I haven't used a predator yet . I got one that came with the 1960 Micro Cycle but I'm into OLD Mini Bikes. Since ya got a Nice Tec, I would use it. It's your project Eric and I know you would make the predator look Cool! Either way with your creativity, it's gonna be a nice bike. :thumbsup:
Thanks for that Joe ! :thumbsup:

I like the tec in it .... But for rideability I would say more power ....
How did I know ! :thumbsup: Thanks Tim..

The HS40 has more power than you'd think, and depending of how you gear it, may be just fine. But, if you're planning on cruising the 'hood the pred might be the best option. Split decision for me.
Lol ..Pete....No hood for me ! :laugh: and yes people under estimate these little Tec engines . :thumbsup: Thanks...

On the fence. Final colors of the bike would sway either way.
Thanks trike boy....and no color picked yet..

Thanks Bill...and how did I know that ?!?!?:thumbsup:

Tec predators are all to common lately!
Thanks Davis...:thumbsup:

I'd make it a "confuser"......paint the Predator white and slap a Tec sticker on it and use the Tecumseh muffler and air box. Everyone will think it's a hybrid...:shrug:

It looks like you are mildly customizing the bike as it sits so maybe the Predator? Knowing that you are able to really bring out the personality in your projects I'm sure you could do the same with the engine. I like my Tecs as well but I like power also. If you were building a resto bike the Tec would be fine. The Predators look good minus the factory tank and air cleaner. Whatever you choose I'm sure will be killer as always.