Tecumseh HS50 throttle hook up?

45t

I cannot figure out how to hook my throttle cable up to my HS50. I looked through some similar threads here and messed with it for an hour and a half last night. I had to walk away when I grabbed a screw driver and started stabbing in the air in the direction of my bike. :doah: I think I'm missing a part on the engine or something in order to hook my cable to. Can someone take a look and let me know what is missing and where I can get it? Any assitance or a picture of what it is suppose to look like when it is hooked up correctly would be greatly appreciated. Man I wish I had a Briggs for this bike, I'm more familiar with them.

yeah that's what's commonly referred to as a "snowblower" type throttle or one that was used in a lot of industrial/ commercial applications...it's not the true "minibike" throttle hook-up. You can make that work...you'll need a cable barrel that will attach and pivot in that small hole in the arm....

or you can save yourself a lot of aggravation and buy the real deal from member Joe51.......

TomH

Put this thru the hole(easier said than done) to clamp your cable, you will probably need to rig up a return spring. Drill a small hole in the arm and attach the spring there and to the lower hole. I have used two cable stops, one thru the throttle assembly and the other fastened to the cable only and jammed up against the other one for double grip. Probably didn't need to, but I had a couple of extra stops. I had to bend my arm out a little to keep it from dragging Wire Stop - Round

Mitch just take your needle nose and bend the cable in an L shape right where it goes through that hole in the lever. Put it in from behind,attach a cable stop and put a return spring on the cable between the lever and the stop to pull the works back down when you throttle it.

45t

Mitch just take your needle nose and bend the cable in an L shape right where it goes through that hole in the lever. Put it in from behind,attach a cable stop and put a return spring on the cable between the lever and the stop to pull the works back down when you throttle it.
That the way I was playing with it for the 1.5hours before I lost my patience. I didn't have the return spring though and every time I twisted the throttle the cable would pull out of the twist throttle control on the handle bars. I'll try it again with a return spring. Where do I hook the spring so it works right?

Mitch once you bend the cable and put it through the hole you have to put one of these Wire Stop - Round on the cable to hold it there.then hook a small spring to the cable right behind it to a screw you put in one of the lower holes.

If you got a spare DB throttle bracket that you can cannibalize, they have one of those stops held on with a c clamp that looks like it would work for you. Get a pic of what I'm talking about when I make my trip to the basement.