Tecumseh Lighting Coil and Flywheel??? Please Help.

Tecumseh lighting coil and flywheel???

Which Tecumseh motor does this go to? I was told that it came off of an HS40? The shaft hole is tapered and is smaller than 3/4". What year range and motors does this thing go to? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and I am doing this for a friend. He will see all of your replies and I can speak on his behalf if needed. He does not live in the same state and sent these photos to me via email and asked that I post this for him. Thanks in advance.

oldfatguy

they are most common on the hs40 but I have seen them on a hs35 too. I do think that the flywheel taper is different on the two engines

Fits HS40 but is 2.5Lbs heavier than part number 610769A, which is what Rupp used on 4HP bikes. Oh, and it is stamped Tecumseh and has the number 3 stamped as well. Just the number 3. One digit all by itself.

they are most common on the hs40 but I have seen them on a hs35 too. I do think that the flywheel taper is different on the two engines
Why do I keep seeing reference to an HS35 on this board. No way this exists. There is no mention in the master parts manual. My manual goes up to '75 though. unless, did they make these after '75?

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Looks to be the same unit that on my engine. # 55397c

Now I don't know the year of this engine but, I guess its 70 - 73 HS40

Why do I keep seeing reference to an HS35 on this board. No way this exists. There is no mention in the master parts manual. My manual goes up to '75 though. unless, did they make these after '75?
Actually they are H35's People just add the S since it looks like the HS40 & HS50. The reason the S is added in the HS40 &HS50 is because there is also a large block H40 & H50.

If the engine you are putting it on has the same taper, it will fit.

If you are thinking of buying it, ask the seller for the size of the threads on the end of the tapered side.

flywheel attachment threads: 7/16" -20 like a Rupp or
1/2"-20 like some HS50's and most newer Tecumseh with solid state ignitions.

T Mack