Tecumseh Power Sport H35 engine carb float bowl gas leaking help

I have a tecumseh power sport H35 engine on my manco thunderbird minibike that i was trying to drain the carb float bowl to get all the left over old gas out. I assemble it back and tighten the float bowl bolt back on to the carb, I filled up it up with new gas and i notice that it was leaking gas from the bottom of the float bowl. I took it apart again, examine it and I notice that it seem like when i took it out the float bowl the first time i might have lost some part. A ring or gasket is missing from inside the bottom of the bowl cause you can clearly see a impression of where it was place before. If anyone have the same engine and can take it apart and show me what part i might have lost so i can get a replacement for it or find a illustration parts list for the float bowl that would be helpful. Thanks.

buckeye

The little gasket on the nut looks mashed. Needs replaced. Don't think there is one on the inside.
Is your needle seat sealing?
You should be able to pick that up at your local small enginerepair shop.
You can get a package with a new needle, seat gasket,bowl gasket,and gasket for the bottom of the bowl all in one kit. About 8-12 bucks.
While you have it all apart,might as well clean everything real good with carb cleaner. Make sure you clean all of the jets holes as well. Should be 2 tiny little holes on the jet(that thing that unscrews from the bottom of the bowl). Good luck. Any more questions,ask away.

Nothing goes on the inside...that's simply an impression left from tightening it up against the carb casting.

Replace the bottom gasket and you should be good to go....don't overtighten...just snug.

Ha...well Buck beat me to it...but he's right the bottom gasket is trash you can see it's all soft and mushy...

****>>>..also be sure when you replace the float bowl you "clock" it in the right position or it will interfere with the float operation.

buckeye

Yep. Might as well fix it all the first time since it's been sitting. Wouldn't hurt. I did mine one piece at a time. Put it on,take it off,put it on,take it off,you get tired of doing it over and over when ya could have done it once.

Yep. Might as well fix it all the first time since it's been sitting. Wouldn't hurt. I did mine one piece at a time. Put it on,take it off,put it on,take it off,you get tired of doing it over and over when ya could have done it once.
makes for good practice that way though.....:rolleyes:

How do you get the seat needle out under the carb? Its all the way up there could be i tighten the bowl screw in too tight....So all I need is to replace that black gasket in the picture for a new one and it will stop the leak or can i use the right size washer will it work too?

buckeye

Dental pic. Or, I have bent a paper clip. Put a little hook on the end and pull it out.
To put the new one in,I use the blunt end of a drill bit to push it in. Needs to be about the size of the seat. Put just a touch of oil on it,so it will slide easy.
You can try just replacing that gasket on the bowl nut. But like I posted,while ya have it off,might as well do all of it.

I am having trouble finding a small engine repair shop around the area that have those parts. Would autozone or autoparts carry them?

buckeye

Sure don't sorry. I just take my old stuff to the parts srore and they match it up. But I live in a small town and they see me comkin in and know I need help. Great guys.
I guess find your engine number on the shroud and look it up on parts tree.
Sorry man. I am spoiled.