Tecumseh Powersport Help!

So my buddy gave me two of these fairly unused engines, but they have been sitting outside for quite awhile. So I cleaned both of them up nice and un-gummed the carburetors, and realized I couldn't use one of the carburetors, because it was completely rusted through. So I put the best one back together and set the valve lash at .008 and the flywheel gap at .020. I put fresh fuel in it, and primed it with the bulb. It fired for 2 or 3 seconds. I sprayed some starting fluid in the carburetor, and blew pressure into the tank, (thinking it would push fuel into the bowl?) It ran for maybe 5-6 seconds. It does the same thing over and over. Any help would be appreciated!

-Reid

Primer bulb. I already took the carb apart and cleaned every thing I could take out with a small brass wire to fit in small jet ports, and washed it in carb cleaner. I've done everything I could think of. :hammer:

bandit 40

Them carbs are worthless, if cant figure it out and you rule out the carb put on an adjustable carb you will have better luck with it.

buckeye

Fuel line? Did you get the little tiny hole in the jet that is kinda angled?
Sounds thirsty.
New plug?
And I agree, those carbs suck but not gas.

Fuel line? Did you get the little tiny hole in the jet that is kinda angled?
Sounds thirsty.
New plug?
And I agree, those carbs suck but not gas.
I cleaned EVERYTHING. Down to the intake manifold. And yeah, got a new sparky. I know it has good spark, because I grabbed it. :laugh:

Cheap as in, I don't want to throw a bunch of money into this engine, because I have plenty of other engines I could be playing with. I just want this thing to run so I can give it to my friend.

He said he hasn't ever really had any motorized fun-kart. I said I was going to change that. Do you think I could find a used adjustable for the price range of around 10-15?

buckeye

That would be a deal if you do.
Put a parts wanted ad up. Never know.
And welcome by the way.
Got any minis or you just shopping for info?