Tecumseh Star 10HP Monster-complete

CarPlayLB

Hello Fellow OldMiniBikes'ers. I have a brand new Tecumseh H50 (maybe a Star? You tell me!) factory race motor. These came from the factory needing to be put together. Crank and piston are in the block, but not connected. Here is all that you will get. Brand new Tecumseh Star, Clements billet rod, new rings, new valves with bronze guides (need to be installed), 3 sets of lifters(one in the block, 2 sets on the side), valve springs with upper and lower retainers, aluminum retainers with split locks, head gasket, Raptor short straight exhaust pipe (not shown), EC Birt blueprinted HL357 with velocity stack internally modified to eliminate pulse line. Besides a few gaskets, this is a complete motor...reportedly able to produce 10-12 HP. I am asking $550 plus shipping...but I like trades and cash. PM me if you have questions

Last edited:

125ccCrazy

Thats the performance version of the H50 and not a star... very cool engine though... you don't see them everyday...

any idea what cam is in it?

CarPlayLB

Hi David,
I think we should assume that ALL gaskets will be needed. The side cover has never been off the motor, but I am suspecting that once it is pulled, you will need that gasket. I comes with a head gasket, but it was on the motor when I got it, and it may have been torqued down already, but never ran. It is my understanding that Tecumseh sold these engines this way, so I believe it came from a Tecumseh dealer, and not Clement Racing. I believe Clement would have put these together when sold. Here is flywheel pic

and PTO side

I just got one of these from clements a couple weeks ago. Clements says he has all the parts to rebuild them. They are getting hard to come buy.

CarPlayLB

Thanks your not to bad either when u let Us old people sleep :laugh:[/QUOTE]

F'in young people today are all vampires! LOL Git yur ass outta bed! Yur burnin' daylight!