Tecumseh Throttle hook up

Hello,
Just getting a feel from members if there is any interest in obtaining a repop of the below throttle mount. (pic coppied from the forum). Would like to get a feel for interest before time is spent laying it out. I have an orginal to work from. Any concerns or questions would be welcomed.
Feedback appreciated.
Regards,
Joe

yeah it would be cool if somebody would reproduce the old style.......if forget, is it riveted or tack welded to the back half of the shroud...:confused:

Gentlemen, Currently in process of having a local college student drawing up the parts for his Engineering project. On two original set-ups I have they were both screwed into the shroud support. vs. riveted on like the newer versions.
Thanks for the replies. I apprecaite it.

Regards,
Joe

Scottessey

Joe, let me know if you need any help on this. My family owns a precision metal fabrication shop. This part looks fairly simple to reproduce. :thumbsup:

The good news is the goofy spring is stil available......:thumbsup:

also if I recall the washers is also a "special"...has a step on the back of it to keep the spring centered...

Last edited:
I'll post a pic when I get home tonight. Both the H30 and HS40 have them held on with screws. Surely factory because the holes where they mount are swelled on the back side for threads. The riveted ones are flat and not swelled. Maybe a production change.
On the special shoulder bushing... That is being made as I type this.
Thanks

most guys will probably want to screw on the new one any way.........either way the hole spacing should be the same...

the next question is are all the back plates identical...may need to provide a cheap paper template with the repro part that lays out the hole pattern if it needs to be drilled.

well just got back in from the garage and dang if the majority of mine aren't screwed on ....:blink:
my 2 HS40's do have the bracket riveted on...I also have an H30 with the newer style rectangular bracket which is riveted on.....

all of my motors are 60's -70's Tecumsehs and original to the bikes......

lugged my camera out there but the battery was shot.....:doah:

Hello, Here are a (2) pics showing an extruded screw hole where the throttle assy. mounts to the bracket. The (3rd) pic shows a bracket had the riveted version. Notice the center hole on the rivet version. Its extruded and the other 2 pics don't have a 3rd hole. For ref. the pics showing 2 extruded tapped holes only are from a Tec HS40. M- HS-40 55284B, S-0092 12787. It appears to be a 1970 Engine. Not sure. Taken from a 1970 Lil Indian 7000.
Interesting stuff!!
Regards,

markus

The good news is the goofy spring is stil available......:thumbsup:

also if I recall the washers is also a "special"...has a step on the back of it to keep the spring centered...

Who has the spring? I could not find them recently:shrug: I snatched up 3 NOS in the boxes on ebay recently because of that, well that an they were very cheap too:smile:

Who has the spring? I could not find them recently:shrug: I snatched up 3 NOS in the boxes on ebay recently because of that, well that an they were very cheap too:smile:
I'll have to look again...I bought a dozen off ebay recently because they were nos in the cool old 1960's boxes and they were cheap and had that tarnished dull finish on them!!!! Probably got them from the same seller you did :laugh:
seems to me I had also found some others that were newer looking...maybe Stens or Partstree I'll have to look again....

>>> btw I took a quick measurement with a pair of dividers and it looks like the two different style brackets are interchageble...both are in the same location and have a hole spacing of something like 2-3/8"........

Hello, Just took some measurments as well reagarding new style/old style small block hook up mounting to the shroud bracket. Hole diameter and locations the same. ( Small block meaning H30/HS40).
I have a couple of sets of original brackets and linkage for the big block H 50 as well. Surely different for the small blocks. I have seen repos already from someone, just cannot remember who. The repos I have seen don't appear to have the correct countersinks for a lack of a better word where the SEMS screws set into the bracket. And are missing some bracket bends. Hard to describe but, the quality/function and appearence look great.