Teen killed in minibike crash on Detroit's west side

fistfullabar

Ouch! Outrun the radio? Around here in psyhodelphia we never ride our bikes. Be nice if we lived in a world where my son could just ride around with his cool bikes and his pals.....

This link was made not even 4 hours after it happened. Interesting how all the story is now different from the dash cam video and eye witness accounts....and this is why police end up with a bad name. It is a SAD and TRAGIC thing to happen...but why are the parents not being held accountable...out past 11pm on a mini bike with no lights...running from police..running stop signs...and had no re guard for laws or anyone in his pathway.And now the woman he hit has to deal with the mental scar the rest of her life from a kid slamming into her and dying. Not to mention the brother and officer that witnessed it all unfold.
https://www.gofundme.com/TrentMosesBurial?pc=m_d_ty&rcid=f0cb3a102f9611e694e8bc764e0525d6?pc=m_d_ty

This link was made not even 4 hours after it happened. Interesting how all the story is now different from the dash cam video and eye witness accounts....and this is why police end up with a bad name. It is a SAD and TRAGIC thing to happen...but why are the parents not being held accountable...out past 11pm on a mini bike with no lights...running from police..running stop signs...and had no re guard for laws or anyone in his pathway.And now the woman he hit has to deal with the mental scar the rest of her life from a kid slamming into her and dying. Not to mention the brother and officer that witnessed it all unfold.
https://www.gofundme.com/TrentMosesBurial?pc=m_d_ty&rcid=f0cb3a102f9611e694e8bc764e0525d6?pc=m_d_ty
From the Go Fund Me page>>

"The Detroit police chased him on his scooter, in attempt to repossess because "it was not registered". The police officer wound up hitting the scooter causing him to lose control and crash into a vehicle. He then passed moments later in his mother hands."

I agree, tragic thing to happen but really?? Blaming the cops. This is just like the news only showing pictures of thugs as angels when their facebook page is full of pictures of them holding guns and flipping off the camera. The family is just trying to get more sympathy money by making it seem like all he was doing was out having fun and the big bad cops came to get him.

Last edited:
I don't mean to sound like a jerk here, but don't Detroit cops have real crimes to solve?
I mean Detroit is a complete shambles, I am sure there are real dangerous criminals they could go after instead.

I know riding Minibike is illegal but geez, is this a better alternative?

I don't mean to sound like a jerk here, but don't Detroit cops have real crimes to solve?
I mean Detroit is a complete shambles, I am sure there are real dangerous criminals they could go after instead.

So if the kid raced right by the cop he should just ignore it because there might be a more dangerous crime taking place somewhere else? That's like saying a cop shouldn't waste his time on a mugging that takes place in front of him because there might be a shooting down the block. A crime is still a crime no matter how small it is.

If you had a a kid with a loud mini bike and no lights going up and down your block all the time after 11pm....don't you think you would call the cops eventually? And what if they said "we don't bother with those calls"? Yep..then it would become a different story eh. Crime is crime...if you don't have the time...don't commit the crime. All he had to do was stop..end up with a warning...or a ticket..or his bike being taken....all seem better options then choosing to run and take a chance at ruining or ending your life or someone elses.

From the Go Fund Me page>>

"The Detroit police chased him on his scooter, in attempt to repossess because "it was not registered". The police officer wound up hitting the scooter causing him to lose control and crash into a vehicle. He then passed moments later in his mother hands."

I agree, tragic thing to happen but really?? Blaming the cops. This is just like the news only showing pictures of thugs as angels when their facebook page is full of pictures of them holding guns and flipping off the camera. The family is just trying to get more sympathy money by making it seem like all he was doing was out having fun and the big bad cops came to get him.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1399643196729091&set=p.1399643196729091&type=3&size=960%2C948

I cant get the pic to download but its Trent flipping off the camera. It was posted by someone who seemed to be his friend.

Last edited:

oldsledz

The cop may have just wanted to tell him to get the bike off the road because it was dark.

Street Smart

The cop may have just wanted to tell him to get the bike off the road because it was dark.
I agree...
Can`t assume its ok for the cops to watch the mini bike ride by in the dark, probably no helmet, 11:00 at night. I`ve been stopped by cops as a kid in the `70`s and told to walk it home, I was brought home as well with the bike in their trunk. Luckily they never kept any bikes or wrote me fines or tickets. My area is full of kids on quads riding reckless everyday, I know for a fact the cops are told to ignore them.

I agree...
Can`t assume its ok for the cops to watch the mini bike ride by in the dark, probably no helmet, 11:00 at night. I`ve been stopped by cops as a kid in the `70`s and told to walk it home, I was brought home as well with the bike in their trunk. Luckily they never kept any bikes or wrote me fines or tickets. My area is full of kids on quads riding reckless everyday, I know for a fact the cops are told to ignore them.
There seems to be a "thing" going on in the larger cities--DC and the surrounding counties have had an onslaught of quads, pocketbikes, mini dirtbikes, and modded minis running the streets at all hours in all kinds of traffic. One of the most recent incidents here was several dozen out on the 495 Beltway wreaking havoc with six lanes of traffic, and flipping off the cops trying to stop them.

But, stupid is as stupid does.....:no:

Obviously I don't believe police should be ignoring crime, not sure I ever said that.

If the kid had a gun, had drugs, just committed a crime, was wanted on warrants, etc, etc and he was evading the police on his minibike and this happened, then it is still tragic but in a different way.

But to have this this kid die SOLELY for the crime of riding a minibike to me is absolutely absurd. If another crime had been committed then I can see the point of chasing the kid. He's armed & dangerous, intoxicated, etc.
And like was said his parents are responsible but if they don't have life insurance they don't sound too smart either.
Just my .02

The kid made the choice to run...not the cop. His stupidity alone was the cause of his death....nobody else. If a cop lights me up...I pull over....running is never an option to anyone without a reason to run.