throttle hook up help

catfishman

does anyone have a photo for a throttle hook up on a vacu jet like this, i have done alot of searching but have not seen this hook up. i have 2 identical 2hp briggs, one is going on my sons cat 250x. thanks for any help

It appears.the governor is bypassed? I'm guessing you want to reinstall it? If not, you can bend a hook on the throttle cable, melt some solder to keep its shape and run it that way.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

catfishman

not to open a can of worms, but it is no big deal if it is bypassed or not, i only have 1 little hole where the return spring is already rigged to, my son is just tired of waiting to go for a ride, he has been so ready that i painted the frame, and handlebars, he did not care about how ugly the wheels are.

danc9

Small Briggs........

I did this a while back. The piece is fabbed from 16 gauge steel. There is a bushing that allows the piece to pivot.

Hope this helps,

DAN

I did this a while back. The piece is fabbed from 16 gauge steel. There is a bushing that allows the piece to pivot.

Hope this helps,

DAN
That's exactly how I do all my briggs 2 to 5hp carb in tank setups, works fantastic. Good pics Dan.:thumbsup:

And catfishman another hole drilled in the linkage with the spring attached from it to the old governor bracket inside the recoil housing is how I hook my return springs up, I use an old piece of hose to cover the part that passes through the shroud.

Last edited: