throttle hook up on this motor?

trailramdan

got this for my ram getting the lighting coil stuff ready. how can i hook the throttle up on this motor so it operates smooth and how it should?

buckeye

I can do it, just can't explain it.:laugh:

I think you need a different lever. Or a way to hook you throttle cable to that lever then a return spring on the bottom.

buckeye

Yeah but it dark out. And cold. I ain't going out there.

I think you need a different setup. I have a repop of one from joe51 I think is his name. Hey may have more.

trailramdan

that the fella that was makin kits to make it the throttles work? i remember hearing something about that and never heard anymore on them id be interested in buying a kit if he has some cuz ima need it! and i bet its not that cold lol its like 10 here :doah: is it spring yet!

buckeye

Look in the current thread, tec 3.5 help. That's the throttle you need.
Contact him. He finished that style and was almost done with the other style.

:shrug:
Could you feed the throttle cable wire behind that rectangular tab with the hole in it and come out the front and end with the throttle stop barrel?

don't see why not. maybe even cut off the part you don't need (those two bottom holes) and bend the part with the tiny hole up a little so there's not binding trying to get the cable behind that piece?

Now, I could be way off base, and I hope someone slaps me if they think this idea is ludicrous...

Have you tried starting up the engine and playing with the throttle pieces with your hands to see if that would suffice?

I think the return spring is already there.. it is under the arm you are hooking to.. The picture Bungle drew up is spot on.. that is how the throttle is supposed to attach... just typically it's on a snowblower, so the cable mounts on the bottom.. as most any (stationary engine) the throttle cable PUSHES the throttle open... SO on a minibike or Kart, where you PULL the cable, it goes as shown.. :mellow: