Throttle hook up.

Question :

Honda clone that has had the governor removed.
Now how do i hook up the throttle cable or do i need to buy something ?

Pictures are a bonus if anyone has some .

Thanks Jim

If you removed the governor and did not use a billet flywheel and billet connecting rod. All you can do is let it idle... No linkage needed.... LOL

This motor is in a 1962 Tote Gote and i'm 45 years old. It will not be held wide open , i was told i had to get it out before it hurt the crank or rod.

So your answer was a waste of time and offered zero help , thanks.

Great that is what i'm looking for , ware can i buy that kit ?

Also it looks like i need a flywheel and a rod ware do i buy those that will stand up to the added rpm that this motor will make ?

I really don't want that going off under me.

Great that is what i'm looking for , ware can i buy that kit ?

Also it looks like i need a flywheel and a rod ware do i buy those that will stand up to the added rpm that this motor will make ?

I really don't want that going off under me.
sent you a pm :thumbsup::thumbsup:

This motor is in a 1962 Tote Gote and i'm 45 years old. It will not be held wide open , i was told i had to get it out before it hurt the crank or rod.

So your answer was a waste of time and offered zero help , thanks.
You were told it had to be taken out before it hurt the crank or rod.... You should have listened a little better... IF YOU TAKE IT OUT.IT WILL HURT THE CRANK OR ROD...

Your such a helpful person thanks for your words of wisdom.
I really don't care if it blows ,it's just a toy.

I have blown up alot of motors over the years , it's the price you pay to play.

I should post pictures of the blown piston in our Divison 3 Super M pulling tractor. "Costly"...
I thank you for your concern for my health , i was unaware of the rod and fly wheel issues.

James Rumph

I would be more concerned with the person standing beside it when the shrapnel takes them out. Nobody cares about blowing up an engine. It is a safety concern.

Here is a better picture of the cable.

Here is the rest of it.

For the "arm" I just used some other left over nuts and a bolt from the engine itself. Under the shield is another bolt that tightens up to the bottom one you see if the picture. that leaves a small enough space for the arm to swing back and forth.

P.S. Ignore the oil. . . The entire thing is being stripped down and repainted as we speak. :grind: