Thunderbird Coming Along

dbowl

Looking really sweet!! Nice skateboard seat pan!! I gotta find me an old board for a project! :thumbsup:
I love to re-purpose. The board gives it the look I wanted and is actually not all that bad on the butt. Motor came off a $20.00 1 year old edger someone let get gunked up. Runs great now. Just hope it's enough to push it.

Good Luck, and keep us posted. You've got a really nice ride there and I would like to see it when its finished.

Nice looking bike. Didnt the thunderbird come with two different style handlebars? Im just wondering if that style is from the early or late 70s. I have a thunderbird but its the other style bars. I didnt start rebuilding it yet though.

Nice looking bike. Didnt the thunderbird come with two different style handlebars? Im just wondering if that style is from the early or late 70s. I have a thunderbird but its the other style bars. I didnt start rebuilding it yet though.
The tall bars were on a bird nighthawk. The bars on Dbowl's bike is a bird thunderbird.

markus

with those handlebar clamps and the chrome wheels its was an earlier version, Bird called them "spoker"

and they were also sold through sears as the I think first version "fielder"

Dbowl, I got a thunderbird in a parts buy awhile back and threw a little briggs like that on it to just sell for $100 it did Go, but it didn't like it!!!!! :laugh: I like the deck seat too :thumbsup:

yeah, i don't really care for the way a predator looks with everything removed in order for it to fit. I might use it on my scat cat if I don't end up trying to hang a sachs in it.

Rode it tonight with the briggs. Not bad at all for what I do. Now to work up a brake. Scrub brake was missing when I traded for it.