Tillotson 304WX Carb

Hi! I have a carb that I recently got Monday. The carb works but doesn't work on my motor. For sale is the carb only! Carb won't be shipped until Tuesday because I'm waiting for a fuel restrainer cap that recently broke off when I was trying to get the fuel lines off so i can fix it before its ready! :shrug: Asking $100 including shipping cost! *PAYPAL ONLY* :thumbsup: For GX200 or GX160 Motors!

[/IMG]

Pm if Interested!!!

Last edited:
Its a double stacker.....

I am beginning to wonder based on your tuning troubles and now a quick look at the offending hardware if AGK didn't accidently send you a methanol carb

Its a double stacker.....

I am beginning to wonder based on your tuning troubles and now a quick look at the offending hardware if AGK didn't accidently send you a methanol carb
Well it should be a gas one because my pictures look exactly like to one on agk.

It would start up but will never idle so I have to get a different tillotson carb!

The Tillotsons, as I'm sure you're aware, are not designed to "idle". I had the same issue with my 304wx when I first got it from the seller. It was set up with a double stack, like yours and I had a hell of a time getting it to start up, much less idle. After consulting with the local Tilly guru mentioned above, I sent the carb off to him and he did his magic on it, re-worked the fuel circuitry, swapped needles and removed one of the stacks. After that, it worked great! I have since, sent the carb back to him to have it bored out for my new engine and so far so good. They will "idle", but you gotta have a high stall clutch that will allow your engine to idle at a higher RPM w/o the clutch engaging. They are great carbs if worked over correctly. Good luck with your sale:thumbsup:

Tillotson 304WX with Manifold, throttle linkage kit, air filter adapter, lower low side needle for clones, and air filter included. $180 shipped! :thumbsup:

Fuel Cap will be replaced and you will get a extra fuel cap!
[/IMG]

Last edited: