Tillotson carburetor 304WX for my GX200???

GX200 with stock sized valves, .265 lift .236 I/E duration cam. going to port and mill the head and eventually install bigger seats and valves, will I be happy with this carb???:confused:

PS. will I be able to use 1.3 rockers with this cam or will I have a clearance issue???

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Nope, that cam will flatten out with ratio rockers, or float the valves. It's best to go with a .300" plus lift cam to start with. Then that 304wx carb would work much better. As is right now it's to much carb for how mild the motor is.

too bad, I like that carb, would have spent the extra $50.00 for a .308 cam had I known.
Honestly, I'm not racing. I just want to go fast (50 MPH+). :scooter: and I weigh 260 LBS, any expert suggestions besides "buy a real motorcycle"???

Thanks for the reply. Bungle. It was late and i was pretty stoned. I had bought a stock length conrod not a cam. The cam was in my cart but i hadnt payed yet. I guess I should get that. 308 lift cam after all? Im buying a cam today from OldMiniBikes. I just want a little expert go fast advice before I do. Probably wont have the cash to upgrade for a while

The 304 is a very good carb. Learn how to tune it and it will instantly wake up your ride. It'll feel like you just bolted on a second engine. From stock size on up to modified, there's very good performance to be gained. Just dial it in and you're there.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
The .308" is a pretty good cam to use. 50mph is a cool speed to run at, and you should be able to run that speed for a good long while.

bandit 40

Its always easier on your pocket book to go big right away, than to work your way up and take a loss in funds on performance parts trying to resell them :thumbsup:

I am hitting 50 with the stock cam and a pz22 carb. You don't need to go so big for 50, well, in my experience anyway. Nice speed indeed, but I am going to gear it lower, faster than I need to go.