tires, slicks, ribbed, sawtooth

I have a newer style db30 which has 5 inch rims the stock tires are 15 inches tall. However I want to replace the rear with a smooth 4ply and the front with a ribbed.

these are the ones i was looking at
Hi-Run Rib Tire, 13 x 5.00-6 - 1117517 | Tractor Supply Company
Hi-Run Smooth Replacement Wheel, 13 x 5.00-6/4 - 3001102 | Tractor Supply Company

however idk if the ribbed one is squared? I want better handling, but i do 50% street riding 50% trail riding and to get out of sticky situations sometimes i go into trails or through the woods lol.

Curious on what you guys think would be a good idea, my doodlebug is tore apart right now waiting for parts and it would be a good time to slap new tires on. I don't want to lose too much speed going from a 15 inch to a 13 inch maybe there are bigger tires or better ones? Would appreciate some help pretty confused right now :shrug:

also got brand new DB30 tires tubeless maybe someone would do a possible trade? any help is greatly appreciated thanks.

A 15inch to a 13inch would take you from 30 to 26, or you can scale that to whatever speed you're doing now. Also curious to hear what tire type people recommend for a mix like this, because that's what I do too.

Its alot easier to find a 4 ply in a sawtooth tread The sawtooth is a great front tire.
On the rear I love the Hi run 15 6/6 with the same tread on your link though is only 2 ply it actually holds up longer than any other 2ply i have found. My son runs 15 miles every week on the street with this set up and it is great in the dirt.
This is the cheapest tire set up as well. About $50- 60 total at Tractor supply and the tires will last a very long time.
The 15" hi run turf tire looks great on the rear. The sawtooth is plain ugly but runs like a dream on street and dirt.

Last edited:
sawtooth and turf tires suck offroad,I have 2 bikes with them and they cant keep up with the Snow Hogs. sawtooth and Turf savers are great on road, but as soon as any mud get in the tread, instant slick!:hammer: Oh and 2 Hogs cost under $50 shipped to your door!:scooter:

I have a newer style db30 which has 5 inch rims the stock tires are 15 inches tall. However I want to replace the rear with a smooth 4ply and the front with a ribbed.

these are the ones i was looking at
Hi-Run Rib Tire, 13 x 5.00-6 - 1117517 | Tractor Supply Company
Hi-Run Smooth Replacement Wheel, 13 x 5.00-6/4 - 3001102 | Tractor Supply Company

however idk if the ribbed one is squared? I want better handling, but i do 50% street riding 50% trail riding and to get out of sticky situations sometimes i go into trails or through the woods lol.

Curious on what you guys think would be a good idea, my doodlebug is tore apart right now waiting for parts and it would be a good time to slap new tires on. I don't want to lose too much speed going from a 15 inch to a 13 inch maybe there are bigger tires or better ones? Would appreciate some help pretty confused right now :shrug:

also got brand new DB30 tires tubeless maybe someone would do a possible trade? any help is greatly appreciated thanks.
I have that ribbed tire on one of my trikes. It is rounded when air is in it. Also it seems to be pretty stiff ply wise.