Too much snow for my trikes

wjustice

I pulled my trikes out to blast around in the snow but it keeps getting in the belt and makes it slip. I think a couple of inches would be ok but right now there is 6-8 out there. They were only calling for an inch last night. Calling for 3-6 now but I have more then that now.

yup the tav 3o cover on my bronc works great. i didnt have to cut it out at all since the chain is on the other side so no snow gets in. my other two machines with a tav have problems when the chain brings the snow in but yeah a cover sure helps. the more protected the better

wjustice

They are both salsbury setups, they are essentially wide open. On the TS the driven was probably in the snow just running. Ive ran then before in snow without any troubles so it must just be how deep it was. They made a RTS model that didnt have a front wheel, only came with a ski so they should be able to handle snow.

oldfatguy

I'm still waiting, North west jersey still has nothing on the ground yet. I just finished putting new 1X2" Bearings on the rear axles of my gokart. I can't wait to get it out in the street after some snow. I made a ski for the front of my 6hp Arco but even that doesn't have the power to pull through anything deeper than a few inches.

wjustice

This is one forcast that they really missed. Saturday it was only.going to be a dusting to an inch. Sunday I'm pulling the snowblower out. One tv report listed my town as 11inches. With all my family,I ended up running it for most of 4 or 5 hrs straight.

45t

I hoping to take mine out soon, we got about 5" yesterday. I'm still running a max torque so there should be no slipage. I really got to get the TC installed though, someday.

we've gotten like 1.5 in the last 1.5 days.. Just about enough for the Cheeftah... It'll do like maybe a solid 3-4 out on the road, maybe in the yard..

MAYBE like 5 in the road if you are constant wheelie...

anything over that your just STUCK!!

depending on the snow..This stuff is all light and fluffy.. It would do 5 inches in this stuff..

I'd really rather not see much over 3... :laugh:

This is one forcast that they really missed. Saturday it was only.going to be a dusting to an inch. Sunday I'm pulling the snowblower out. One tv report listed my town as 11inches. With all my family,I ended up running it for most of 4 or 5 hrs straight.
There's your problem. I pulled the deck off my tractor, put the dozer blade on and even parked it backwards. We didn't get qn inch and it was pretty much melted by the late afternoon when the freezing rain came. :laugh: If you had your snowblower all ready to go, you'd have not gotten enough to worry about. :lol:

Paul

There's your problem. I pulled the deck off my tractor, put the dozer blade on and even parked it backwards. We didn't get qn inch and it was pretty much melted by the late afternoon when the freezing rain came. :laugh: If you had your snowblower all ready to go, you'd have not gotten enough to worry about. :lol:

Paul
HAHA!!! That aint no lie... :laugh:

wjustice

Nah my snowblower was ready to go weeks ago. Started it, ran around the yard enough to get it warmed up, then parked it at the front of the shed.
They are calling for another 4-6 tomorrow morning.