Traded a go kart for a Mini Boat.....

What in blazes was I thinking of yesterday. I traded a rent a wreck go kart for an 8 foot mini boat with no engine. I went in the shed and found a go kart seat, a 10 gallon boat gas tank, and a set of Harley Screaming Eagle pipes for the mockup. H20 2GO.

i dig it, lose the pipes.
with a go cart you can cruise it around, with a boat, even a small one, to use it you need registration and such, that will get you a stack of tickets in a blink around here.

I got a clear title with it, and have a buddy who has a small engine and boat junkyard.
I kinda of like the pipes, but a big 69 Dodge Daytona 500 wing effect on the back would be more appropriate. Not worried about tickets, mom taught me not to stop and talk to strangers, I don't know any cops so I don't stop. Mom......Gotta love her!

I got a clear title with it, and have a buddy who has a small engine and boat junkyard.
I kinda of like the pipes, but a big 69 Dodge Daytona 500 wing effect on the back would be more appropriate. Not worried about tickets, mom taught me not to stop and talk to strangers, I don't know any cops so I don't stop. Mom......Gotta love her!
hahahahaha, that boat with a 20 hp and a wang on top would be wild.

I had a 12 alum boat that I put a 20 hp chrysler with forward controls, it flew like the wind, plenty scary in that little boat I'd bet.

markus

Looks like you got on of the old rental boats from Disney World. If it has massive repair work on the transom its the one my friend slammed into and cracked the Merc off it when we were kids :laugh: Engine went into davey Jones locker out in the lagoon, and we spent the rest of our weekend at Circus World cause the Mouse kicked us out :doah:

Mark,
Transom is all intact, and my buddy agreed it's probably a Mouse Boat from Disney.
I think I better stick to the Mini's.......but then again, this would be perfect for when the streets and canals get flooded when the hurricane comes.

markus

cut the bottom off it and make it a boatkart

this guy used to be here in town and I would see him at the VW shows :doah:

Marko,
I'm still laughing on the mouse throwing you out, I mean asking you to leave his digs. I have been asked to leave a couple of countries while in the service, but for Mickey to show ya the door....Ha ha. How old were ya then? That cutting the boat idea of yours never entered my swiss cheese mind. Its a thought, but my local buds are making are incorporating their antics on to the water, and its best that I attempt to keep in step.

markus

Marko,
I'm still laughing on the mouse throwing you out, I mean asking you to leave his digs. I have been asked to leave a couple of countries while in the service, but for Mickey to show ya the door....Ha ha. How old were ya then? That cutting the boat idea of yours never entered my swiss cheese mind. Its a thought, but my local buds are making are incorporating their antics on to the water, and its best that I attempt to keep in step.

that would have been 1984 I was 10/11, The surprising thing was they let us go out by ourselves. My friends parents rented one for each of us for like an hour or something like that. I got the slow boat thankfully, so I had nothing to do with the wreck as I could not keep up with them. but him and his brother were using theirs as bumper cars and jumping the each others wakes. My friend stopped abruptly....his older brother did not!

me and the family had fun in those boats at disney a couple trips ago :thumbsup: noticed this year they were gone :shrug: cool little project floridamb :thumbsup:

or you might turn it into a v drive with a nice 1200cc 4 cylinder side by side motorcycle engine mounted in front with 4 pipes sticking threw hood like a vintage hydro ..

seems like it would be fun going threw the gears crossing the lake ...! lol heheha

WOW! I am astounded, (or something), by the input from you all. Was gonna turn around and make a quick buck on this aquatic catastrophe, but my Marketing Thingy is ringing with an OldMiniBikes-H20 project. Gonna toss everyone's suggestions to my master small engine River Rat guy. He is the most water induced daredevil I know and his first impression was, it was dangerous, so I felt comfortable. Marcus getting the persona non gratis from the mouse at just ten or eleven, fuels the payback to get Minnie's approval and strike the Jealousy payback option on Mickey. Keep the the suggestions coming. OldMiniBikes rules apply!

or you might turn it into a v drive with a nice 1200cc 4 cylinder side by side motorcycle engine mounted in front with 4 pipes sticking threw hood like a vintage hydro ..

seems like it would be fun going threw the gears crossing the lake ...! lol heheha
im with this guy, make that a screamer, seriously, 20hp will make it fly, just imagine a 40 or 70 hanging off a beefed up transom

If you were closer I could hook you up

The Merc in the upper middle belonged to a friend of my dad's family, I have some photos of it when they raced it in the Hydroplane races on the Detroit River in the 50's. That would push it :scared: