Traded for a Cat, but what model?

45t

I haven't had the $ to play lately because the Duster restoration has run me dry. But I was able to trade for this Cat. It came with a new chain, a newer max torque clutch and new drum brake set up that works good. I can't tell if its a 400TS or a R4002 Dominator. It looks like is has a gas tank mount on the top so I'm thinking its a R4002 Dom. Everything looks good on it except the engine mount. The original mount is there but has been hacked up over its life and someone welded a plate over the original.

Last edited:
Nice I have a 4HP Tecumseh Power sport motor that would look good in it.And I have the correct gas tank for that model,It is black in color and made of plastic.

45t

I think its a 400TS because it has one of the jack shaft mounts still on the frame. The R4002 Dominator didn't have a jack shaft.

The mounts in front of the seat on the upper frame are throwing me off though. I guess they could have been added by a past owner?

Anyone have any suggestions on what it is?

I think its a 400TS because it has one of the jack shaft mounts still on the frame. The R4002 Dominator didn't have a jack shaft.

The mounts in front of the seat on the upper frame are throwing me off though. I guess they could have been added by a past owner?

Anyone have any suggestions on what it is?
I had a TS and I'd say that's what yours is. I'll try to dig up some pics of mine.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

It looks to be a model R4004. It would have come with a symmetrical torque converter drive/driven and an HS40. The bars are special to the larger Cats.

It looks like someone may have cut off the kill toggle tab near the fork tube.

45t

It looks to be a model R4004. It would have come with a symmetrical torque converter drive/driven and an HS40. The bars are special to the larger Cats.

It looks like someone may have cut off the kill toggle tab near the fork tube.
Do you have a reference pic of the R4004? I looked in the Cat owners group posting and there is no pic of that bike.:shrug:

Also, you wouldn't have anymore of those 4.00-6 rear tires with a matching 4.10x3.50-6 front tire. My bike has both the original tires but they are dry rotted something bad.

The info is from an original sales insert/flyer I missed on eBay. I don't have a picture. I have the same model bike though. I may have the rear tire "used" in the same condition as the last one I sent you. I don't believe I have the front, but I'll check. Try "enginepowered" on eBay. I think he hadine last time I checked that wasn't listed.

Where is the other TC mount plate?

If you really want to make the bike right again, I may have a motor plate section that was cut from a model that uses the same.

cd

45t

The info is from an original sales insert/flyer I missed on eBay. I don't have a picture. I have the same model bike though. I may have the rear tire "used" in the same condition as the last one I sent you. I don't believe I have the front, but I'll check. Try "enginepowered" on eBay. I think he hadine last time I checked that wasn't listed.

Where is the other TC mount plate?

If you really want to make the bike right again, I may have a motor plate section that was cut from a model that uses the same.

cd
The other TC mount plate looks like it was removed and ground off. I can just barely see that there was something mounted to the frame there. Someone flipped the rear tire around and notched out the original motor mount so the chain could clear it. :facepalm: I'm going to have roccosbike look at the motor mount to see if it can be salvaged/repaired first before I replace it. I think that for now I'm just going to get it running with the sprocket on the left side and try to clean it up as best I can. I don't have the resources ($) right now to replace all the missing drive componets.

45t

Casey Davis

Tried sending you a PM on the tire and the following comes up:

has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.