Trailmaster mb 200

I have an MB trailmaster 200 I recently switched the motor from factory to a predator 212 My headlight will not come on though do I need a better or bigger magneto.?

Did your HF Predator engine come with a lighting coil and flywheel? (I do not believe that they do). You will need to buy an aftermarket kit to convert it to be able to power a headlight.
Michael

Predator engines don't come with lighting coil setups. Your headlight won't work with an out of the box Predator engine.

There are kits available to setup your Predator with a lighting coil. These two were just found from a quick search, I haven't used that vendor or heard of them before. I know I've seen other companies selling similar kits, I just can't remember who as I'm not worried about lighting on my bikes.

Non-hemi engine: https://www.vpowerequipment.com/predator-212cc-lighting-output-kit-for-model-69730/

Hemi engine: https://www.vpowerequipment.com/predator-212cc-lighting-output-kit-for-model-60363/

Why'd you swap the stock engine for a 212? The stock engine makes the same horsepower and slightly more torque. Unless the engine was done, that money would have been much better spent elsewhere on the bike.

panchothedog

Like stated in post #3, why did you swap out the engine that came with the bike? I bought a brand new one 2 1/2 years ago. Put in the billet rod and flywheel, .265" lift mid duration cam, 26 lb valve springs, 60 tooth rear sprocket, air cleaner, pipe, and carb jet. I am 225 lbs. Bike runs 44 mph
and will climb ANYTHING. Sorry to hear you spent your money for nothing.
Save that engine for a future build. It's a good one.

SAS289

If you would have got the 224 the parts from the 196 to run the headlight fits the 224.

Or did you just swap the parts over to the 212? Your stock clone flywheel should not be used on a Predator 212 because the taper on the crankshaft is different. It will fit the Ghost and 224.