Trailmate Motor Size

MarksA-C

Hey everyone. I am trying to figure out what size motor the Trailmate minibikes came with.

Thats the style of the bike I'm talking about. I have mine under the restoration process right now but I still need to find out what size tecumseh engine came in them factory. I have a 8hp but it seems far to big and 5hp just seems to small. I am going for the factory original style on this one.

If anyone knows please let me know.

delray

mark i can't tell you the correct hp motor, i can tell you from that picture i took with my cell phone that the engine is a H block tecumseh,so anything from a H-40 to a H-70 will fit with the rear gas tank mount like the factory bike was. in the picture you can tell by the carb mounted on the back of the block that it is a 7hp or less big block H-motor. to bad that snowblower engine wasn't a 7hp.:rolleyes: i new that 8hp was going to be tight. O'well we live in wisconsin and there is a ton of H-tecumseh's to buy from on craigslist and cheap too.:thumbsup:
also you might want to look at this for your linkage set up for a H-motor.
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/t...your-h40-h70-tecumseh-big-block-throttle.html

I would try Allied Leisure. They may remember? (800) 521-6848

Also PM Teeksoffroad I think he could tell you. He has a brochure for your bike. (I think)

I got the engine Mark. Thank you!

Heres the Trailmates little brother, they, Allied Leisure, where able to help me with some questions pertaining to the correct engine(s) and also with a question I had regarding the jig used to build the bike. They where very helpful.

Looks like I have the hard to find front drive.

Any help to restore this is welcome....what motor, comments, etc.

Earl

Last edited: