Trailmate "Not-so-mini" Mini Bike

MarksA-C

This is the Trailmate I picked up about a week ago. Its going to be my main mini bike project for the next few months. Its a wreak. Front is all messed up, its all rusted solid.
Gotta tear it all apart, clean, repair, and replace. I can feel my wallet get lighter already... :hammer:

I'm about 6'3" tall, so this bike is just about my size :gunsmilie:

More pics as the progress on it goes.

MarksA-C

not much progress, and no pics since I dropped my camera :censure:

So now the front end is taken off and the chain is removed. Rusted solid! But besides that not much done. I did get a new chain and a new spool of welding wire. Spraying every boly with PB Blaster and hoping that I can hammer the axles out. Its all rusted together. :hammer:

I will try to get pics with my folks camera tomorrow.

Hi Guys,
I just bought a trailmate like Marks last weekend in Missouri, cool bikes, not much info available about them though......does anyone have any parts info for these?...thanks...Lynn

MarksA-C

Kind of an update, I still have it but I haven't done much with it. Been busy working full time now and trying to fix my truck. Once thts done I'll get more done to this.

I do have a 5hp Tecumseh for it for now, Still need to find the front part of the torque converter...

Fun stuff

delray

seen one last year at a show that was all original, except the guy painted the tecumseh a red color?why:eek:ut: looks better factory white. they do look cool with the big block tecumseh engine with a steel tank.......:scooter:

MarksA-C

The big thing I need to look for is the engine mounted clutch thing for the torque converter. I have a 5hp tecumseh I am going to rebuild and "upgrade" but I still need to find the other parts too.

Thinking about putting a AG/BAR Tractor style tire on the back. Get that extra grip. :scooter:

MarksA-C

Got 2 5hp Tecumseh motors on the bench and the Trailmate is up and ready to be torn apart. I'll get pics of the progress tomorrow. Axles are shot and I'm just going to cut away until I get to the bare frame. Then work my way from there.

I can't find the parts for the torque converter so if I don't have the parts by the time I get to that stage of the build I'll just use the belt clutch I have and run that until I can get the driver clutch thingy. Won't work as a full T-C but at least It will be able to drive.

:grind: